Thursday, July 1, 2010

Patience is a virtue...

...that I do not possess.

Since last night, I have been locked out of my Blogger and email account. Really, I've been locked out of anything Google related. I'm really frustrated. At first, I thought perhaps some PETA activist reported me because I said in my last post that I didn't like mice. I read through all the Gmail terms of service and Bloggers terms of service to see if I had somehow violated content laws or something. I couldn't see where I had, and so I was furious!

However, upon learning more, I believe I may have been a victim of "splogging". I guess it's spamming for blogs though I don't really understand (nor do I care to) how it works. And I've done the four steps recommended to restore your account/blog. But I have no idea how long it will take or if they will restore it. My blog (lesson learned) was NOT backed up and therefore all of my memories are gone. My Friday Funnies post that was basically ready for this week is gone. All my Google reader subscriptions are gone. All my 171 followers I had gathered together to journey through this crazy life with me are gone.

And as blogging is not only my hobby, but also my coping mechanism (aside from food which is NEVER a good way to cope), I am going crazy not having a way to vent about all of this. I was really angry last night. I just couldn't believe that my blog had been reported for content violations. At the time, I didn't realize it could have been disabled for any other reason. What is especially frustrating is the fact that I can't access my Gmail account or my Google Reader either. That is my ONLY personal email address that everything is routed through. And I haven't been able to access it in 24 hours. Oh and I found out tonight that my Google Calendar is disabled as well.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I feel your pain! I, too, struggle with anxiety issues and use blogging as my coping mechanism. Yes, I did follow you on your previous blog and I am happy to follow your new blog. That is scary that google can just remove your blog without a warning or anything. You would think that they would send you an e-mail or something telling you why they did that. I am sorry you were the victim of splogging. Here is hoping that you will get everything back again.
    Elizabeth
    www.foodymommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, how do you back up your blog?

    ReplyDelete