Monday, July 12, 2010

Acupuncture anyone?

Did I tell you I had to stop going to the good chiropractor I found?  After about 7 visits and a $1500 bill, they informed me that they were OUT-OF-NETWORK!!!  I was finally starting to feel some relief.  My neck pain is still daily, constant, but had finally gone from about a 7 on a regular basis to a 3-4.  Friday morning I woke up around 3am barely able to turn my head without sending pain through my head, neck and shoulders.  Forget rolling over.  That was next to impossible.  I was in tears most of the day.  I was fortunate enough to get a massage scheduled for Saturday and felt a *little* relief...like from a 9 on the pain scale to a 7.  It's stayed right around a 6-7 from that point on.  I found another chiropractor that is actually IN-NETWORK and have an appointment scheduled for Wednesday.  This office focuses on the health/wellness side of things and also does acupuncture, which is something that I was looking for.  Unfortunately, it isn't near work or home but it is a sacrifice I'm going to have to make.  I cannot keep living like this.  It impacts everything I do.  When you live with chronic pain, it is debilitating.  It impacts how you interact with your kids, your spouse, your friends, your coworkers.  When I am in pain, I am cranky and mean.  When the pain is at a high...well...it's not pretty.

Combine that with the fact that I have been consuming large quantities of sugar and gluten and things haven't been pleasant in my home.  I know how bad they are for me, and how they impact my mood...and how likely I am to wind up with Candida again, and yet I can't force myself to get back to eating yeast-free.  Because it's hard.  And I don't like hard.  Hard is not easy.  Hard is not fun.  Hard is just plain hard.

But today, I did it.  I ate yeast-free, all day.  Maybe one day doesn't seem like much, but since I've spent the last 4 1/2 months crashing (i.e. NOT DOING IT!) on this healthy living thing, one day is a LOT, for me.  I have to do something.  I'm starting to gain weight back and that's just not OK with me.  I'm supposed to be losing it, not finding it again.  I know that I will be able to deal with my anxiety if I cut out the yeast.  That is how I managed to go off of Xanax to begin with at the beginning of the year, by getting the yeast out of my system.  I did it today, and I am going to try to do it again tomorrow.  One meal at a time...

2 comments:

  1. Finally returning the love from Welcome Wednesday! Sorry it took me so long - I'm a busy little bee!! Good luck with cutting out the yeast and yay for you for making it through a whole day!!

    ~B.B
    Buzzing the Day Away

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jamie. I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete