Saturday, July 31, 2010

A little bit of random

I'd just like to start out by asking WHY Facebook thinks that I should like Mafia Wars just because many people who like Big Bang Theory also like Mafia Wars.  I am familiar with Mafia Wars.  I am VERY familiar with Big Bang Theory.  And yet...I have NO desire to "like" Mafia Wars.  That's just stupid.  And just because I can, a few of my favorite quotes from BBT:

Sheldon: I made tea.
Leonard: I don't want tea.
Sheldon: I didn't make tea for you.  This is my tea.
Leonard: Then why are you telling me?
Sheldon: It's a conversation starter.
Leonard: That's a lousy conversation starter.
Sheldon: Oh, is it? We're conversing.  Checkmate.

Penny: I give up.  He's impossible!
Sheldon: I can't be impossible; I exist!  I think what you meant to say is "I give up; he's improbable."

Sheldon: Why are you crying?
Penny: Because I'm stupid!
Sheldon: Well that's no reason to cry; one cries because one is sad.  For example, I cry because others are stupid and it makes me sad.

I think everyone should read Inkheart, Inkspell, and Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke.  Young and old alike.  It is a wonderfully rich and fulfilling story!  And if you have seen the movie, whether you liked it or not, that is not enough.  You MUST read the series.

Ms. Piggy's Smokehouse in St. Ann, MO has NOTHING on Pappy's Smokehouse in St. Louis.  Totally NOT worth the money either.

I found (and bought) season 1 (or at least the first 6 episodes) of PUNKY BREWSTER for $5 at Target today!  I WILL introduce my children to Punky Brewster.  Anyone remember that show?

QuikTrip has this Peach White Tea that also happens to be sugar free, and I love it.  It's a great alternative to my favorite Diet Dr. Pepper and gives me a reason to still frequent my favorite gas station.

Kris and I have weird conversations sometimes and so in the near future, there will be a passionate blog post about Bridge and a not-so-passionate post about Google Maps and Kris' obsession with it.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Big Bang Theory and if you can believe it I am MARRIED TO SHELDON! YES! My husband is EXACTLY like Sheldon, except he isn't a physicist, he is a nuclear engineer. The good thing about it is though that he can laugh at himself to a point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny!! I'll bet it's interesting, to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you guys located? Had no clue you were anywhere near Tulsa but unless QT has REALLY expanded you must be somewhere in the midwest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Punky Bewster! my dad called me Punky Kelsey for the longest time, and sometimes still does..lol. I'm now following you back, thanks for visiting my blog!
    -Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth-we are in Missouri. There are lots of QT's in St. Louis area and some in KS.

    ReplyDelete