Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I need to know what happens with Frank!

I have worked for the last 9 days straight, and I am starting to feel it.  I put in about 5 hours on Saturday and then another 3 on Sunday, 9 yesterday and then today.  While I didn't work a LOT over the weekend, the fact is I worked and I needed a mental break.  So now, I'm ready to crash.  I have realized that I NEED my weekends.  While it felt great to get caught up at work, I'm really regretting it now.  I came home from work thinking "OK.  It's time to watch The Bachelorette and find out what the heck is going on with Frank!"  They have been taunting me with those previews of drama and Frank nonsense, and because I don't watch TV when it actually comes on (unless it's The Food Network), I am always at least one episode behind.  So, I came home this evening, ready to detach myself from reality for a bit and absorb myself in someone else's drama, only to find that there is no sound on the computer!  Now I'm just sitting here irritated.  Kris apparently stole the cable from the living room and took it into the bedroom so we could test out our new TV/computer/entertainment setup in there.  #1.  I have no idea how to take the cable and put it back, let alone which cable it actually is.  #2.  We need another cable!  So, Kris when you get around to reading this, and I know you will, can we PLEASE buy another cable?  You're killing me here!

Let's change the topic so that I am not just sitting here stewing...

Speaking of stew...

I love coming home to the house-filled aromas of food cooking in the crock pot!  I put some round steak (not stew after all but it was a good transition) in there this morning and it smells SO good!  My mom taught me the EASIEST way to cook round steak and it is a favorite in my family.  Katherine has even requested it as her birthday meal in the past.  If you're looking for something quick (prep) and easy, give this a try.

#1.  Buy some round steak.  I don't really think it matters what kind or cut, as long as it says "round steak" somewhere on the package.  I'm basing that on having bought many different shapes and sized and always having the same results.  Real solid evidence...
#2.  Open the package (this step is KEY!)
#3.  Generously coat the round steak with Lawry's or other brand seasoned salt.  Don't be afraid of it.  Cover those babies!
#4.  Sprinkle with flour or corn starch.  Though I'm supposed to be cutting out corn, I figured corn starch was the lesser of  the two diet-related evils, so that is what I used.
#5.  Put in heated pan (I heated some garlic-infused canola oil in the pan first) and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
#6.  Put in crock pot and cover steaks with water.  Cook for 6-12 hours.  I'm making up the time here...Let's see...I cooked them on high because I didn't think "Hey idiot you'll be gone all day so put that thing on low."  I started them at 9:30am and when I checked back at 5:30pm they were falling apart, which is a GOOD thing!  I think you could probably cook them on low for the same amount of time with the same (or better?) results...I don't really know.  Just wing it...I do!
#7.  Serve over mashed potatoes.

I always start to feel anxious if I go a day without posting.  Not because I'm worried that I will disappoint my readers.  You're probably thinking "Great!  Finally a break!"  I get anxious because I start to think "I didn't have time to write and writing keeps me sane!"  I am feeling much better now that I have a chance to breathe and write!  :-)  Now if Kris would just get home and fix the sound so I could find out what happens with Frank!

4 comments:

  1. I can tell you if you really need to know right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husband saved the day. I'm watching it right now. I saw the scene with Frank's ex...still waiting for Frank to tell Ali. Don't tell me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No idea who Frank even is! I think I'll stick to HGTV and FOOD Network! Glad hubby got you fixed up though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine laughed through parts of your blog.

    ReplyDelete