Thursday, July 8, 2010

Friday Funnies


It's time for the new and improved FRIDAY FUNNIES! (Only new and improved because it's in a new place!)  If you're visiting from any of the hops, welcome!  I think my kids are funny and so should you!  ;-)  I'm too excited to wait, and know that I will be too tired tonight when I get home to get this post ready, so I hope you don't mind that it is just a tad bit early!

My son was cold one night and wanted to wear a cardigan that was in the clean laundry.  Granted, it was my cardigan, but does it really matter if he is only wearing it around the house and no one is going to see it?  It's not like I'm giving him a pair of high heels (which I don't even own!) to prance around in!  I'm not putting make up on him.  That was so 5 years ago!  Well, "Daddy" was really NOT comfortable with Kaleb wearing my sweater.  At all!  So he wanted Kaleb to take the sweater off.  And Kaleb, not understanding the world in all of its confusing intricacies shouts out "Who cares?!?  I'm only 8."  Yeah Kris!  He's only 8!!

If you know anything about my precious Abbey, you know she constantly talks about being a Godly singer when she grows up.  It is summertime, which means that our bedtime routine changes.  And I'm not referring to the TIME.  I'm talking about hugs and kisses.  We always give the kids hugs and kisses each night, and the number is determined by their age.  Since they all have birthdays between August-October, in the summer we go ahead and give them the extra hug and kiss, preparing for their new age.  It's goofy, but we like it.

Livvy has been asking when her birthday is pretty much since September 16th 2009.  Her birthday is September 15th!  She told me that she wanted Spiderman plates and decorations.  I asked her why.  She said it was because Kaleb likes Spiderman.  If there is anyone Olivia loves more in this house, it is her big brother.  She did inform me that her other birthday stuff needed to be princesses.

Anyway, back to Abbey.  Hearing Livvy's conversation, Abbey just HAS to tell me all about what SHE wants.  It is of course bedtime, which means it's a perfect time to have a 20 minute conversation about something that is 2 1/2 months away still.  So I indulge her, because I think she's adorable and it's really hard to look at her face and not smile.  She tells me how she wants her cake to say "Happy Birthday Godly Princess!"  Then she said she wanted Godly decorations.  She went back in the hallway telling Livvy "For my birthday, it's gonna be Godly!"

I'm sure my kids are not unique but they will argue about anything and everything.  Most recently overheard conversation:

Kaleb:  You probably have more germs than anyone else in the whole world.
Abbey:  Nuh uh!  Satan has more germs than anyone!

I love that in any argument, Abbey or Livvy will always bring it back to Satan being the ugliest, the meanest, the stupidest, and now the "germiest" person in the world!

And, lastly, here's a little something I thought I would NEVER hear myself say!

I heard myself say to my 8 and 9 year olds: "That is a $1200 machine. You cannot be IN the washing machine!" --said after Kaleb came up to tattle on Katherine for being IN the washing machine, while they were switching the laundry. When I went down there, Katherine was standing beside the machine crying, yelling at Kaleb for tattling when he apparently ALWAYS gets in the washing machine to switch the laundry.

Now it's your turn!  What have your kids said or done this week?  Write it and link up below!







8 comments:

  1. Those were adorable little pieces of your babies' lives! I especially LOVE that Abbey's desire is to be "Godly!" Says a LOT about what she sees in her mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower from Social Parade! =)

    That sweater story was TOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your kids sound very entertaining! I'm kinda afraid to find out what my little guy is thinking of half the time but can't wait to hear all of his ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the follow! I am totally following you back now!
    Stash mama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, they said a lot this week! I love how your daughter wants to share her decorations at her party, so sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAH HA! Those are good. I love the "Godly Princess" title. LOL She has my hubby's birthday too. :)

    I'm following from FF now with both of my blogs. Come visit and while you're there, check out my Friday Giveaway linky, my current giveaway, and Save the Date (Sep. 15 & 16) to win BIG in Blogmania!

    Tree (aka Mother of Pearl)
    Mother of Pearl It Is
    Mommies Faves Top Sites and Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) I'm your newest follower....hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last night Abbey who was tired by 8:30; even though we were still at Botanical Gardens; decides to tell me,"My girlknee is tired, but my boy knee still has energy and says we need to excerise." I ask which one is the boy knee and she says "the on on her left side with her boy hand -the one I with." I said, Abbey, "I thought you wrote with your rught hand." She replies, I just can'tmake up my mind."

    ReplyDelete