Saturday, July 3, 2010

I wasn't splogged after all...

I got an email from my husband this morning (because we ONLY communicate via email) saying that our friend Adam got an email from me that was spam.  So it looks like I wasn't a victim of splogging after all.  It appears that someone hacked my Gmail account, enough people reported it as spam, and so they shut everything down.  Today I stumbled upon a form I could fill out saying that my Gmail account had been compromised. I had to enter a bunch of information a hacker wouldn't know.  Shoot some of it I didn't even know.  But then it said that I would get an email at my alternate address I had to give them after they finished their investigation.  This time frame was "usually within 24 hours".  I wish I had known all of this 3 days ago and filled out the form then.  So maybe by tomorrow I'll have access to everything again.  I can hope right?

My husband was pretty confused and upset that they disabled my entire account and just couldn't understand it, if it was just because someone cloned my blog.  He at least feels better about Google knowing that this was all done because someone hacked my account.  I'll admit, I feel better about this too.  My trust in Google has been restored.  It will increase if they manage to give me a way to change my password and access my account again.  Google, PROVE ME RIGHT!  PLEASE!!

**Update on the mouse front**

We caught #5 before bed and I heard #6 running around in the kitchen last night while I tried to go to sleep.  AHHHH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment