Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Funnies

It's that time of the week again.  Time for me to share all the hilarious things my kids say and do.  Now this week, I barely saw my kids.  It has been insane!  Kris and I worked fairly "normal" days this week, but the kids had VBS all week and so we literally only saw each other for a couple of hours each day, if that!  BUT, in spite of that, I do have a couple of funny stories to share.  And as always, if you want to join in by posting about your own funny kids, just link up below.

The kids had their final VBS program and of course, my kids are the kids that have arranged themselves so that they are DEAD CENTER, for all to see.  I still can't find the charger for my camera, so the picture below isn't great.  But it's all I've got.  I've labeled my kids, just in case you think I'm lying about them all 4 being in the middle.  At one point, Livvy was in the middle, laying down, hands on her chin, staring at the monitor in front of her.



My mother-in-law told me another funny Abbeyism.  The "theme" for VBS was Saddle Ridge Ranch.  Apparently, the downstairs bathroom doors at church said "Cowgirls" and "Cowboys".  Abbey told Grandma that the doors should say "Girl Bushes" and "Boy Bushes" because in the "old days" boys and girls used bushes, not bathrooms.

We took the kids to Steak 'n Shake earlier in the week.  Livvy, as usual, waits until we get situated and then says "I need to go potty!"  Katherine was sitting across from her, and I gave Kat the look.  The look that says  "Please, pretty please, take her to the bathroom so Mommy doesn't have to."  Livvy was trying to figure out how to get down, since Kaleb and I were sitting in her way.  So I said "Just go under the table."  Livvy just looked at me, quite incredulously I might add, and exclaimed "Nooo!!!!"  Um...no Livvy.  I didn't mean go POTTY under the table.  I meant climb under the table to get out!  Needless to say, we all got quite a chuckle out of that!





4 comments:

  1. hahaha

    - It's good that your kids aren't shy. It is funny that they are all dead center though.

    -Good thing Livvy didn't just go potty under the table thinking that is what you wanted. The story is funny enough as it is.

    I am a new follower from Follow Me Chickadee! http://cakeblast.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! I remember walking under the table as a kid, it made for easy escapes. Hope you get to see more of them next week:O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny! I was definitely one of those kids that wanted to be front & center all the time! I don't have any funny stories yet because my daughter is only 6 months, but I'm looking forward to them!

    I'm a new follower from Follow Me Chickadee! I would love for you to stop by my blog!

    http://www.ingenuemom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Livvy's reaction in Steak and Steak.

    ReplyDelete