Sunday, July 18, 2010

Biscuits and gravy and a parking ticket

I was craving biscuits and gravy today.  I looked online to try to find a gluten-free biscuit recipe that looked good and sounded like it might NOT taste like dirt.  In my quest, I came up empty-handed.  I had all the ingredients for some of the recipes but I really didn't want to waste the expensive flours for something that might not taste good.  So I gave Livvy cereal and pulled out the Bisquick.  I browned some sausage and made the biscuits as instructed on the box.  I used corn starch and the sausage grease for my gravy (even though I shouldn't eat the corn...at least it wasn't white flour).  The end result?  The sausage tasted great!  The biscuits were bland and dry and the sausage had little flavor.  I did not enjoy my meal, thinking the biscuits I've made in the past with corn starch and potato starch tasted better AND were healthier than the Bisquick biscuits.  So I sat in my room lamenting that not only did I consume gluten, it didn't TASTE good!  And in comes Abbey to save the day, as only Abbey can do.  She held her hand up and said "High five for another recipe good done!"  Well, at least Abbey enjoyed it!

Poor Kris...he got a parking ticket at the end of June.  He thought about it yesterday, knowing it was probably due soon.  Well, he found the ticket today and said he had 45 days to pay it.  We were relieved.  He sat down to pay bills this afternoon and just now came in here to tell me that he only had FIFTEEN days to pay the ticket without a fine.  Now his ticket has doubled!  He's not happy, to say the least.  He's downright pissed off now and saying "That's ridiculous!"  Fifteen days to pay a ticket?  For barely being out of the parking space???

4 comments:

  1. Bummer about the ticket and the yucky gluten filled food. :( I could never lead a gluten free life! I love bread! I love pasta! :)
    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the biscuits and gravy too, not just Abbey. As for the ticket, it makes me mad. This was a ticket I got on the last Friday of the month when you can't park on one side of the street because they will be "cleaning the street." I have never once seen anyone cleaning the street. The reality is we are downtown and parking is scarce. I swear they close down half the street just so they can tempt people to park places that they almost fit and then write them a ticket. And doubling the amount if unpaid in fifteen days just confirms my suspicion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The city of Chicago only gives us 10 days. Because they are masters of highway robbery. Jerks.

    I feel you. I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I am not in Chicago!!! That's terrible.

    ReplyDelete