Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chatting with a 9 year old

My kids all have their own email addresses.  They rarely use them, but they have them, and have had them for years.  I think Olivia was under 2 when we set them all up.  Kris logged Katherine into hers today though and I saw she was available to chat on Gmail so I popped her up.  As I sat there chatting with my almost-ten-year-old I thought, feeling rather nostalgic, "This is really strange."  She's growing up right before my eyes and there is nothing I can do about it.  The older she gets, the more like me she becomes.  Witty and sarcastic to the core!  Our chat today made me laugh and I decided to give you a little window into the types of conversations that Katherine and I have, on a fairly regular basis. 

me: what are you up to?

katherine: I'm playing Pet Ville

me: fun
i'm working
not fun
:-)

katherine: lol :)

me: ha ha
who taught you lol?
did daddy ever teach you his "stupid" one CSTM? he thought it'd be funny instead of using LOL...it means chuckling silently to myself....you should totally send him a chat that just says CSTM

katherine: 1st:I learned it from you always typing it on Facebook.2nd:No and I won't send him a chat that just says CSTM but I WILL say it to him in person.

me: ha ha
I don't type that on FB EVER....
everyone else does
but i refuse
i hate LOL
because I don't always "laugh out loud" and so I won't type it...plus I think it sounds stupid
I need one that says RME (rolling my eyes)...now THAT I could type all the time

katherine: Oh...well I see it on fb all the time anyway...

katherine: I wanna RME at Daddy all the time! ; )
 
me: that's awesome!

2 comments:

  1. How do they learn that stuff?? I do the @@ for rolling my eyes... lol... actually CSTM!

    PS: I love your new blog! Will you follow me from this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to have to use that CTMS one :p Because I always use LOL and I'm never reallyLOL

    ReplyDelete