Monday, July 12, 2010

1st Annual Blog Bash


Blog Bash

I'm tag teaming here so as not to overwhelm you with three posts this morning.  Two will do just fine.  Marlessa over at Southern Reflections does a Meet and Greet Monday and my favorite teenager is hosting the 1st Annual Blog Bash this week, over at Not Your Average Teen.  Check out their blogs and feel free to join in!

Here is my intro post for the Blog Bash.

1.  Why do you blog?

It is a necessity in my life.  Preferring writing to talking, this is my way to get through the day.  My way to vent, to express myself, to share with my friends and family what is going on in my life and the life of my four kids.  It's an outlet, and a hobby.

2.  What do you blog about?

Whatever comes to mind.  I am not one to sit around thinking up things to write about.  If it comes to my mind, I write about it.  It could be anything from boring ramblings about the inconsequential days in my life to funny stories about my kids or things that happen in my life.  If there is nothing going on or nothing on my mind, I don't write.

3.  What do you find to be the biggest reward you get from blogging?

I didn't really discover the blogging community until February of this year.  Prior to that, the biggest reward was being able to put my thoughts and feelings down on paper.  After I discovered what this blogging community was all about, hands down the new friendships have been the biggest reward.  It's kind of addicting, you know?

4.  How long have you been blogging?

My first blog post ever was back in March of 2004, so just over 6 years now!  It was sporadic and hit and miss until this year.  Sometimes I would go months between posts.  Now it has become such a part of my life, and helps to balance my out-of-whack emotions, that I tend to write maybe more often than I should!

5.  Let's hear the story behind your blog title!

Well, there isn't much creative about that.  We fondly call our children (and have for years) the Little Bishops. I am not sure when or why we started, we just did and it stuck.  This blog chronicles our lives together.  These are my Little Bishops (these pictures are actually almost 3 years old--I can't seem to find my 2009 family pictures and we haven't done 2010 yet!):

Katherine, age 9 (crazy Abbey in the background)

Kaleb, age 8

Abbey, age 7

Olivia, age 4

The Little Bishops




9 comments:

  1. Your kids are awesome......... Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such darling pics! Thanks for following. Follow returned :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for coming to visit me! Returning the follow and looking forward to getting to know you ... :)

    foodfloozie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. following from meet and greet monday. stop by when you get a chance. I have a couple giveaways posted: http://angiewith2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your children are beautiful! :) It took me a couple of years to realize there was a whole world of bloggers to connect to also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pictures of the Little Bishops! :) So cute!!

    Take care!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how i know how addicting it is lol!
    your kids are adorable :)
    stopping by from the bash!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping in from the Blog Bash! You have an adorable family :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you through Blog Bash. Love your photos. I'm a photographer, so there's a common interest there. Relating with the writing/venting... reasons. ;D

    http://www.diamondpotential.com

    ReplyDelete