Thursday, July 8, 2010

AHHH!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, if one more of my kids asks me if they can play on the Wii, I am going to move the 10am time to 2pm, a time when the kids are home with Kris.  It's 17 minutes away.  Can they NOT find SOMETHING else to do???  Katherine is sitting on the couch reading a book and the only one that isn't irritating me right now.  I HATE this summer schedule.  For me, it is better than what we were doing before (me working from home 3 days/week and Kris the other two), as far as being productive.  I meet Kris at the office at noon with all the kids and work from noon-8pm.  He takes the kids home (after working 7am-noon) and then tries to put in another 3 hours sometime during the afternoon.  The schedule isn't great for him at all and I can see the stress and tension in him every day.  We have tried to figure out an alternative, but there really isn't one.  It is imperative that I be in the office for 8 hours each day, both for my own mental health and for the sake of our company.  We're swamped and if I miss a day, it'll take me four just to catch up.  But it isn't working for him to only put in 5 hours in the morning either.  A month and a half doesn't SEEM like a long time, but when you are trying to juggle this, a day seems like a year.  Just getting to noon each day is a struggle for me.  I am SO glad that I am not having to try to work now in the mornings while the kids are home.  I'm having a hard enough time as it is, without having to be productive for my job too.  I cannot wait for school to start.  39 more days.  Just 39 more days...

On a different note, I got a necklace in the mail yesterday, from a giveaway I won over at The Life of a Sippy Cup Mom.

Here is what my caption said when I posted it on Facebook:

"I won this! The designer of the necklace packaged all of these other cute little items with it. I'm not really into jewelry and pretty, neat little packaging (I'm kind of a tomboy)...but I have to admit that I was impressed with the entire thing and would definitely recommend that you check out http://emilinaballerina.etsy.com! And while I wasn't sure how I would like it, now that I see it, I actually LOVE it and will wear it proudly...when I remember to put it on!"  Petit oiseau is apparently French for "little bird".  Now if only the necklace had a fourth egg in the nest, then it would truly show ALL of my little birds!  :-)  The necklace looks even better in person and it was like opening a present when I got it.  I opened up the shipping box to find a smaller box, tied with a ribbon, like a gift.  Check out Emilina Ballerina if you are in the market for some new jewelry!  You won't be disappointed!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow that is really cute!!!!
    Sorry about the hectic times at work. What kind of business do you guys run???? Sounds interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We assist insurance companies and transportation companies in their claims and salvage...boring stuff...it's "peak season" right now, which means that a lot of people are moving, this moving company trucks are getting into accidents and we get their claims and do the leg work for the insurance companies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are actually blessed that you and your husband can work life out like you do but I know it must be terribly tough on both of you! Hang in there! Summer isn't eternal ... it just feels that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun blog! Thanks for the follow. I am following back :)

    ReplyDelete