Friday, July 2, 2010

A new day, a new blog


I hate having to start from scratch. I feel like that is where I am at right now. After 6 years of blogging, I'm starting over. And not by choice. The name hasn't changed. I'm still Little Bishop Chronicles, only more bitter. For the time being anyway, until I sort all of this Google nonsense out.

I'm hoping that by participating in some of these memes my loyal followers from before will rediscover me here, since I have no way to contact those who were kind enough to listen to me ramble before. My blog used to have cute little giraffes on the side, with 171 followers, most recently detailing my horrible experiences with mice in my home. I still get so mad and frustrated when I think about Google disabling my account, with no warning, no reason why, and no indication of if or when I will get it back.

Since I am starting from scratch, here are a few things you should know about me. If you know me and followed my previous blog, you'll know all of this already. But since I am starting over, I decided to go ahead an re-introduce myself.

I'm Jamie.

I'm 31.

Right now I'm pretty much mad at the world (that post is coming up).

I have 4 kids under the age of 9 and I adore each one of them. Three girls and 1 boy make for an interesting and chaotic home!

I've been married for 11 years to a great man...he's had to put up with a LOT and he still loves me anyway.

I have anxiety issues.

I think perhaps the 4 kids contribute to the anxiety. ;-)

I'm sarcastic. In fact, my 9 year old, in her Mother's Day tribute to me said that her favorite thing about me was my sarcasm. While it may not be the best parenting virtue in the world, it made me smile.

I think I'm funny and I love hearing my kids' and husband's genuine laughter at something I have said.

I use (parentheses) all the time and I'm not ashamed of it.

Writing is both my therapy and my hobby. I love the blogging community and though I am quite discouraged at having to start over with my blog, I am looking forward to making some new connections as well as renewing old ones. Though I'm going to be like #200 on all of these meme link ups so who knows who will wind up finding me today. If you followed me before at the adorable giraffe page, let me know you're back with me again. It's driving me crazy that I can't access my old blog, followers or comments so dive in and tell me you're here!

Also, if you love me (as I know some of you do) and are willing to spread the word in your blog that I can now be found here, I would be forever grateful.

You can still find me on Twitter as littlebishops or on Facebook.

I hope that you'll stick around and give me a chance to dazzle you with my amazing sentiments and wise words to live by. <-- see....sarcasm...




Smart and Trendy Moms


friday-follow

22 comments:

  1. Well that just sucks.....I am very happy to follow you here and before you know it I am sure all of your followers will be back. Have a great weekend!!!

    http://bellycharms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Friday-Follow to thank you for participating this week.
    Have a great weekend!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/i-tend-to-go-for-ordinary-people-friday-following/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow even though i know it won't last we have the same amount of followers right know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you from Friendly Friday Follow! My blog is http://www.healthylifejourney.com/ if you want to check it out!

    That really stinks about your old blog - were you able to save your posts? The thought of losing my posts scares me - especially if they gave you no warning! That's crazy! I guess I'll spend some time backing mine up now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, we have a lot in common...buy I have 3 boys and a girl. wonder who you pissed off to get kicked off google? huh? I'm a new follower from FF...I love meeting new blogging friends...Have a save happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, no reason why they deleted your account? I am an anxiety sufferer too, it's pretty bad right now, sucks. Found you on ff, following from EcoModern Mom. Have a good weekend!

    Stacey @ www.ecomodernmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you lost all of your blog content! That's a blogger's nightmare.
    Glad you joined in the blog hop fun at Friendly Friday. FYI, we post at 10pm Central Time on Thursday night. So if you want to get towards the top of the list, sign up then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'd be pissed! I will help you by following you! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry that you would have to start over. I am just starting out and I would totally feel the way you do. I am a new blogger and I know that you will get back to where you were before, in fact it will be bigger and better. The blog community is a great! So many people out there to help you and give info. I could ramble on too. check out my blog http://www.maddieb221.blogspot.com If you just want someone to chat with you can email me too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't imagine starting over with my blog, that really sucks that you have to! From what I've heard, people end up getting their old blogs back after Google has shut them down, I really hope that happens with you as well.

    Thanks for joining us for Friendly Friday, come back and visit us again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I'm a new follower. I love your blog. I have a giveaway going on for once I reach 100 followers I am giving away a $10 gc to Target. I also have an Avon giveaway going on until 7/27. Check it out :)

    Thanks!!

    Happy holiday weekend!
    the-chunkymonkey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry that you have to start over. I hope Google can get your blog back! I'm following.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would not be a happy camper if I lost all of my followers either!

    Happy to follow from Smart and Trendy Moms Social Parade!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm following you back from Tanja's Cupcakes! I'm so sorry to hear about your blog :S

    ReplyDelete
  15. Found you on Friday Follower. I was a previous follower and am now following on this blog.

    http://norcalmom-lemonstolemonade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. GRRRR! No wonder you are bitter. Yikes!

    I'm here from Friendly Friday and a new follower on your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm following you back from Social Parade!

    Good luck getting your blog figured out...mine was disabled last month during the blogger fiasco and I gave up and started from scratch with my own domain. It all got fixed after a few days, but by then I was where you're at...furious and not wanting to risk it again!

    http://suddenlysandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a new follower & I can't wait to read more! I'm so sorry to hear about your previous blog. Have a fab weekend & 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh that is so crazy! I am happy to be following you on your new blog, and if you get your old one back, I'll follow you there too. I read your more recent post and I hpe you get everything back. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A shame that you have to (involuntarily) start over but I'm sure you're old followers will find you & you'll get some new followers like me!
    Popping in from Social Parade FF.
    EA

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following your new blog now. So sorry your old one is gone.

    www.bassgiraffe.com

    ReplyDelete