Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Are YOURS fake?

Charter is about to drive me to take a hammer to the entire collection of computers and other miscellaneous items in the technology category that reside in my home.  I'm writing this in notepad right now, because #1. I don't have Word on my computer and #2. Charter is down...AGAIN...and has been all morning...so I can't access blogger to type this.  I'll copy and paste it later when I am able to actually post this.  I hate Charter.  How many posts have I written about my frustrations with Charter?  I don't know either, but I can tell you this:  TOO MANY!  We had them re-provision our modem (whatever that means) last night and I haven't been able to get on the internet all day, except for once, and as soon as I got to blogger it went down again.  I have unplugged, replugged, reset, restarted...yes IT Crowd I DID turn it off and back on again!

I want to have a serious heart to heart today about something I have issues with.

FAKE EYELASHES.

Why?  Seriously...if you use them...WHY?  Maybe you can pull them off...I don't know because I have never even seen the  majority of you reading this right now.  Lately I have seen a LOT of people trying, quite unsuccessfully, to pull off fake eyelashes.  And if it wasn't enough to wear them, they try to further scream "I'm wearing fake eyelashes" by caking them up with mascara.  I just don't get it.  Someone please help me understand.  Are there people born without eyelashes?  If so, then I think it is perfectly acceptable to wear them.  I'm really not trying to offend anyone here.  I'm just really confused by fake eyelashes.  Are they supposed to be sexy?  Should I be trying to reel my man in by getting him so distracted by those things stuck to my eyes, instead of just using my God given charm and cleavage?  What is it about fake eyelashes that people like?  If it isn't to make yourself more appealing to men, WHAT IS IT???  Everytime I see a woman sporting fake eyelashes, instead of being able to see her for who she is and think "Wow, she's really pretty." or "She has great hair!" all I can think is "Why on earth would you stick those guady things to your face???" God made you beautiful with or without eyelashes!

4 comments:

  1. haha! hilarious! I have worn them a time or two. Actually, if you buy good quality ones, like from MAC, they can look quite good. I have superstraight lashes and deepset eyes so even with mascara, my lashes kind of disappear. So for special events, I'll use 'em.

    My husband would rather see cleavage. Of course, I have hardly any of that, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about fake eyelashes? What's the deal? Fake anything really.
    And I love the pictures of the past. I even think the "creepy" one is cute. :) My son does the "creepy" smile too a lot when I ask him to smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you should set your email response setting thingy (i'm so technical) off of noreply so I can email you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK...I set it so you could see my email...is that the same thing?

    ReplyDelete