Saturday, July 10, 2010

Say what?

I think I have found the cure for depression!  I don't know why doctors are not prescribing this to patients everywhere!  I discovered it sitting alone in my living room, surfing through Hulu looking for something to watch and I found something that I need to share with you.  It's called True Beauty.  Have you seen this show?

It is one of the WORST reality shows I have ever seen, and I have seen quite a few!  I actually really like reality shows, but Kris will RARELY watch them with me.  So I have to watch them when he isn't home.  And I'll tell you what.  Sitting there watching that show was really cathartic!  I'm going to share something else right now.  I just Googled the word cathartic!  I was pretty sure I had used it in the right context, but I just had to confirm it.  These people on this show...WOW.  Don't even get me started on the judges and the host...I don't like any of them.  And I don't even like the characters on this show.  I think maybe that is why I felt such release watching it.  I was sitting there all alone, just laughing at the stupidity.  And I've gotta put myself in the loser's position too.  Let's set aside the fact that I would never EVER be on a show like that, let alone be CHOSEN for a show like that.  That aside, to watch my behavior on camera and be confronted with it would just be more than I could handle.  I've only watched two episodes, but now when I am feeling utterly despondent a little blue, I know that I can get a little comic relief with this show.  Laughter is just as therapeutic as crying, and more enjoyable!  Not that I couldn't use a good cry--I'm sure I could!  Maybe True Beauty should be a little Friday night tradition for me, since I know that Fridays are my rough days...I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. I watch this show, and feel horrible for the people they confront. Like those celebrity judges are so perfect with everyone they come in contact with.
    People need to realize apart from Jesus it is impossible to be perfect!!!!
    But I enjoy the stupidity too:O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, glad the cure is cheap!! People spend money on all sorts of stuff, all you have to do is watch TV... :)

    ReplyDelete