Saturday, July 3, 2010

Always listen to your mother


Mothers can give really good advice. I don't think you realize this until you become a mother yourself. You begin to see your mother differently after you have your own children. More than that, you begin to APPRECIATE your mother more, once you understand just a shred of what she must have gone through!


My mom gave me a great piece of advice that I intend to follow. Common sense says "Hey idiot, back up your blog!" But sometimes, even those of us with large quantities of common sense, just don't quite get it. For me, with regards to backing up my blog, it took my mother making a suggestion (probably for the third time) for me to think "Hey, what a great idea!"


I was lamenting to my mom all my woes with the mice and the blog disabling. She said "Well why don't you use a word processer to write everything down?" Now why didn't I think of that? Seriously! Once she said it, I thought "I'm such an idiot! I should have been doing THAT for the last 6 years!" Then I would have all of my favorite stories about my kids and my life over the last 6 years and the only issue I would have is accessing all of my applications. I should give my mom credit too. This wasn't the first time she told me that I should back up my blog by printing it all out. As usual, she was right. And as usual...I procrastinated, until it was too late.


Learn from my example bloggers! Listen to a mother's advice. PRINT IT OFF, PUT IT INTO A WORD DOCUMENT OR BACK IT UP (do all three just to be safe!). Because you never know when you will be blindsided and have your account disabled. I can't promise this is the last time you will hear me 'vent' about this. It has really impacted my life and so it is the major focus of my day-to-day thinking presently.


And while I'm venting about it again, the first winner of my lotion giveaway is named Katie. I know nothing else about her, as far as identifying her. I just know that is her name and I waited too long to get her package in the mail (I should add that I'm a procrastinator). Her address is sitting in my gmail inbox. You know, the one that I can't access...another frustrating part of being locked out of everything. Katie if you happen to read this, please comment on this and let me know how to contact you, and remind me what kind of lotion you wanted. I'm SO sorry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment