Sunday, April 15, 2012

Ungrateful little brats!

Look at these kids.  They look so innocent.  So sweet and loving.  Kind and respectful.


Don't let them fool you.  They're ungrateful little brats.  And yes.  I DO LOVE THEM.

But let me just tell you how I woke up this morning.

By now, my kids (Seriously, thank you God!) are old enough to feed themselves breakfast.  It's the weekend and we just got paid on Friday.  I hadn't had time to go to the store yet to replenish the staples.  But I didn't really expect to hear this, as I groggily came to life:

Kaleb - "Put your cereal bowls away.  Mom still didn't buy any milk."

Oh, did I forget to mention that we had a similar situation yesterday morning, around the same time?

Kaleb - "We can't have cereal because Mommy didn't go to the store!"

He sounded so agitated and exasperated.  Yesterday, Kris and I just lay there in bed, laughing at the sheer audacity of my apparent failures as a mother/grocery shopper.  How DARE I not go to the store????  How dare we not have any milk for two days, after THEY drank 3 gallons in 3 days???  What is wrong with me? What kind of mother am I?

So this morning, after hearing his similar statement, when I finally did get up, I said to him "If I hear one more ungrateful remark about me not buying milk yet, I will never buy you milk again!  We bought more milk this last pay period than we have bought in your entire lives!" I totally DID NOT get all drama queen-ish on them...  

I will state now, for the record (so you can put down the phones and stop dialing child services), we have THREE gallons of milk in the fridge.  Which will be gone likely by Wednesday.

Crazy kids!!

Also, just for a little added humor, I came across a post I had started about a year ago and found something funny that Olivia had said, but I had never posted it.  So, I thought I would share it here now.

Olivia:  "Mommy you have two choices.  You can either give me money or let me play on your phone today.  I'll be your best friend forever.  Those are your only choices."

Me:  "No."

Olivia:  "Then you have to give me all your money."

I love those kids so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment