Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I feel like a new woman!

I don't really feel like a new woman...I just wanted to say that! BUT...all my fretting and worrying (which I did PLENTY of today!) was for nothing. I got my meds and hopefully will be feeling better overall in a couple of weeks. And...the rheumatologist called and instead of seeing me March 3 can now get me in on February 18th. Did I tell you I made an appointment with a rheumatologist? I did. My next step WAS going to be back to pain management because I'm just tired of ALWAYS being in pain. But someone suggested I try a rheumatologist. So, that is my next step, and THEN I will go to pain management if they can't find some mysterious illness that is causing my neck/back pain.

I have an addiction. I mean, besides food. For some people it's drugs. Some people it's sex. Some people it's alcohol. For some people it's shopping. For me? It's sugar-free peach white tea from QuikTrip. I can't help myself. I HAVE TO HAVE IT. Sometimes 2-3 times a day. I think it is really stressing Kris out. He is entering receipts and he was kinda laughing, but not in a good "this is so funny" way. More in a "You have a problem Jamie and you need to stop" kind of way. I warned him before he took my receipts that there were a LOT of QT receipts. But, it's just SO good. I keep telling people (OK, only him and my MIL) to get me QT gift cards for my birthday. It will help my perfectly safe and acceptable addiction, AND keep Kris' stress level down. Win-win, right?

While I'm being random...I bought new bras tonight. Oh and just a warning...as you continue reading, some of you very well may think that this is way TOO much information.  I was stressing about having to go and drop $50 at Victoria's Secret...because once again I need new bras. The only bras at VS that they even make in my size are pretty plain, but they are comfortable and serve the purpose. BUT...they are 2 for $50. Or at least they were a year ago when I bought them. Well, I had some time to kill after my doctor's appointment. I tried to go to Old Navy, only to remember (after I got there of course) that it isn't there anymore. So I drove around and found The Avenue. And I was drawn in by signs proclaiming 75% off and CLEARANCE. They were calling to me. Here's the thing. I do not shop often. For myself.

But, maybe once every six months I wander into a store and wander back out having spent money on something for myself. My husband should be THANKFUL my addiction is to the 52 oz. peach tea at QT that only costs me $1. Anyway...I found a cute shirt I had to have that was just under $7. Reasonable right? Well, then I kept wandering around and thought I'd try on a pair of jeans. I was just telling Kris that I really need more than ONE pair of jeans that fit me. So one thing led to another...

And then I wandered over to the bra section. Knowing I needed new bras and wondering if maybe their bras would be comfortable. So, I come across "the best t-shirt bra" (their label, not mine) whatever that meant. They were selling them 2 for $30. I couldn't believe how well they fit and how comfortable they were. So I was thinking..."as long as I don't spend more than $50 all together, I could get two bras, a pair of jeans AND a cute shirt, and the value would be better than buying just 2 bras at VS."

So I got up there to find that my jeans were $15, my shirt was $6 and the $2 for $30 bras?  They were 2 for $10!!! AND...because I hadn't shopped there before and didn't have the store card, I could save 30% too. So, of course I got the card and went back and got another pair of jeans. SO...I came home with TWO bras that fit, TWO pairs of jeans that fit, and a new top. All for $46. How cool is that??

But the whole reason I am even telling you this is because there is a downside to the "best t-shirt bra". It makes my look...um...HUGE. I mean, they aren't small to begin with. But the new bra does something to the "ladies" that I am not sure I am comfortable with. I think I'm going to need some time to get used to this. And I hope that it isn't this huge drastic difference that it seems to be. I am hoping that it's only really noticeable for me and people aren't going to be like "What is wrong with that girl's boobs?" or "Why is she so 'pointy'?" I REALLY hope I'm just being overly paranoid about it!!   Kris seemed to see an immediate difference...he basically said "they were big before; now they just look huge!"  If it weren't so borderline creepy and inappropriate I would take a picture (FULLY CLOTHED OF COURSE YOUR PERVERTS!) of the difference these new bras make-to me I just feel like they're saying "Hello world!  Do you see us?". Here's to hoping I don't go out looking like a prostitute or attention-seeker. Or worse, look like this:


Granted, I wouldn't mind being thin for sure...but it's the "ladies" I was referring to.  And it's not THAT pointy...so I am taking comfort in that.

1 comment:

  1. I needed a laugh today and this had me rolling. I need new bras too and underwear. But I'm taking the Walmart/Target approach!

    ReplyDelete