Sunday, January 16, 2011

A rare break

Yesterday, though in the usual pain (around a 3-4 on the scale), I was able to do something I rarely am able to do these days.  COOK.  A lot.  I was a machine!

The day started off WAY too early, because Kaleb had a basketball game at 8am, that was of course 40 minutes from my house.  Why our school plays in a West County league I do not know,  but it makes it really annoying on us North County folks!  Kat had her game at 2:15, in almost the exact same location, but ten minutes FARTHER away.  We probably used at least half a tank of gas driving back and forth to games.

OK...back to the topic at hand.  So, Kaleb and I came home from his game and I decided I was going to cook. I got round steak prepped and into the crock pot, so we would have dinner.  Then, because I was hungry and wanted sausage, decided to make biscuits and gravy and sausage.  It was delicious!!!

Then, before hiding in the warm shelter of my bed with heated mattress pad in the afternoon, I got bread ingredients ready and started up the good ol' bread machine.  I LOVE my bread machine.  I'm pretty sure my mom bought it for me a few years ago.  It remained in my basement for the last couple of years, because I have next to NO counter space.  But I had Kris trade out my toaster oven for the bread machine and was determined to have bread with our round steak tonight.  There is something so satisfying about homemade bread.  SO. GOOD.

While I was on a roll, I whipped up a batch of homemade brownies and then made homemade mashed potatoes to finish off dinner.

All in all, it was a very productive day...one that I will likely pay for today!  But I'll take what I can get.  Days like yesterday are few and far between!

Oh and just for a little humor today, we watched Percy Jackson & The Olympians The Lightning Thief for movie night last night.  Medusa was in it and Livvy, who had been playing downstairs, came up around the time Medusa was on the screen  I said, "Look at her hair Livvy.  Don't you wish you had hair like that?"

Her response?

"No!  It would make too much noise at the night."  --yeah...that's the biggest reason NOT to want snakes all over your hair!!  Silly girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment