Monday, January 10, 2011

6 words to describe me

I was looking through Mama Kat's writing prompts and came across a post where Kat asks her husband to describe her in 6 words.  It's so much better than anything I could come up with-check out her conversation with her husband!  I thought it would be interesting to ask my family for their thoughts.  Rather than give you the "good" ones, I am going to pick one from each person and write my thoughts on what they think of me.

Let's start with Kaleb.  At first he said "dumb" but when I told him I was writing that one down, he told me to change it.  So when he said "thirsty" I just looked at him, thinking he was not taking his task very seriously.  But he justified it by saying "You drink a lot of water."  Fair enough, son.

Olivia did NOT understand the exercise at all.  Not even a little, even after I explained it in terms that any five year old SHOULD understand.  Finally, she began to come around (barely) but could not confine herself to just one word.  Instead, she said "shiny teeth".  Um...OK then...moving on...

Katherine of course made me proud when "sarcastic" made her list.  I love that girl!

Abbey did not disappoint in all her "Abbey-ness".  She is always the one to speak her mind, with no filter.  At all.  So when she said "skinny" I was confused and said "I'm not though Abbey."  After a moment's hesitation, during which I could tell she was trying to be kind, she gave up and responded with "You could do fat."  Thanks Abs!

Now...let's talk about Kris.  Right from the start, he rattled off "funny" and "intelligent".  Gee, way to be creative...but at least he came up with 2 right away, right?  And then, can you believe he couldn't think of anything else???  So much for boosting my self-esteem!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment