Thursday, January 20, 2011

SNOW in STL


This week for Mama Kat's WW, I chose option #2:  A photo journal entry...show us what winter looks like in your town.

It snowed last night.  A lot.  Not as much as Minnesota and other places see on a regular basis.  But a lot for St. Louis!  Kris braved the idiots out driving in it.  I suppose you could say he joined the ranks of idiots who got out today, though he would just consider it good work ethic.  I decided to stay home with the kids, since of course they had a snow day.  I'm pretty sure unless someone actually starts plowing in our neck of the woods that a snow day will be had by all tomorrow too.

I put off as long as I could finding stray gloves and hats, enough to outfit four small children as they embarked on 10 minutes of fun in the snow.  Does anyone else find it exhausting to let your kids play in the snow?  I mean, it takes 20 minutes to locate and then assemble all the layers, hats, coats and gloves appropriately.  They play for maybe 5-10 minutes (is it just mine?).  Then it takes 20 minutes to un-layer, and a good 10 minutes to clean up the wet mess of snow and clothes.  And if you have more than one kid, multiply that time by each extra kid!

Today I did something I rarely do.  I went outside with the kids.  Without being coerced or paid.  Though I wouldn't have minded a little extra income for that...Abbey chose NOT to go outside (smart girl!).  So it was just me, Livvy, Kat, and Kaleb.  Hands down my favorite part was shoving the kids down.  True story.  It was great!

Here is my "photo journal" of what winter looks like in my town right now.



Buried!


What is it about a kid w/hands on hips that is just so cute?

Yes, that is a purple hat.  It's the only one he could find.  Poor Kaleb!

Where is Kat's face?
Kaleb made a smiley face.  Enjoy the snow St. Louis!


2 comments:

  1. I remember the days of getting all bundled up (just in time to have to go to the restroom) and making snow angels! Ahhh...the joys of winter!

    Popped by from Mama Kat's, great pictures!
    Winter in Dallas - http://www.caseyandcolter.net/?p=2939

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!! Love seeing snow and kids having fun....stopping in from Mama Kats!!

    ReplyDelete