Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello 2011...

...I hate you already.

OK...maybe hate is kind of strong.

I mean, we're only 3 days in.

But still...I think I hate you.

Of course, it could just be the intense pain in my neck that is moving up into my head that leaves me feeling so pessimistic.  That and my perpetually negative attitude...

So, let me rephrase that.  I suppose I don't hate 2011.  I hate that it is 2011 and I am in still in pain.  I don't want this next year of blogging to be filled with complaints of pain and depression/anxiety.  I'm getting the latter "fixed" on January 26th, but there seems to be no end in sight for the neck pain.  Next step:  going back to the pain management doctor and telling him that I don't care if the medicine won't work in 20 years.  I'm tired of living in pain.  If you can call what I've been doing the last 2 years living.

I think the lack of blogging is getting me down too.  It still really bothers me when I don't post regularly, even though I know no one is expecting me to.  Perhaps it is because I know that when I am not writing, I am not in a great place emotionally/mentally.  I put a lot of pressure on myself.  I expect more of myself.  And lately, I just can't fulfill my own unrealistic expectations.  Sigh...

I do wonder what 2011 will have in store.  Did any of you make resolutions?  I didn't, but I would love to hear about yours.  Have you made them in the past and been able to stick to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment