Tuesday, January 4, 2011

McAlister's made my year!

So remember how I was just complaining about 2011?  I do have one thing that I am looking forward to this year...CHRISTMAS!  Wait...what?

Yeah you heard me!  And it's all thanks to McAlister's Deli.

My two favorite things at McAlister's are the BLT and the Sweet Tea.  So.FREAKING.Good.

A couple weeks before Christmas we went to McAlister's.  They had ads on the tables for a Christmas ornament.  And the ornament was none other than a cup of their sweet tea!  I can't be sure it was SWEET tea, vs. unsweetened, but in my  head, it was sweet!  I HAD TO HAVE IT!  Only, to my dismay, that location was sold out.  They told me there was one other location in the area that had them still.  So I called that location.  Nope.  Sold out.  I was distraught.  I'm BARELY exaggerating!  I was upset!

So I did the only thing I could think to do.  I emailed McAlister's Deli.  And I told them my plight.  I told them about our family tradition where we each buy an ornament that signifies who we are and what we love.  I told them that I NEEDED this ornament and I asked them to please give me a way to purchase it.

And you know what?  Within hours, someone emailed me back.  They told me to send them my address and they would mail me one!  WHAT???  I was SO excited.  I promptly gave them my address and asked them where I could send a check.  I fully intended to pay my $4.99 for this awesome ornament.  I would have paid $20 easily!  But they emailed back and said not to worry, it was their gift to me!

The moral of the story is that McAlister's Deli is AWESOME and it never hurts to ask for something you want!  Ready to see my 2011 ornament?  Can't wait to put it in on the tree in 11 more months!

Isn't it cute?  And it's about 3 times the size I expected it to be!
The "tea" totally moves around in there, there is a lemon, AND though it's hard to see, there are little tiny pieces of "ice" in there!  I LOVE IT!!!!

6 comments:

  1. And those are the kinds of companies I like to frequent! I would go to a place with sub-par food just for the service & atmosphere! (Seriously, we go to Buffalo Wild Wings all the time & the only good food they have is wings, but the service is great & it's fun!) I love McAllister's Deli & I'm so glad to see that they care about their customers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun and cool! I love when people are so gracious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cool ornament, and what a great customer service move on their part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a huge iced tea fan too. What a cool ornament!and a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best customer service! Why wouldn't I give them my business!

    ReplyDelete