Monday, January 10, 2011

Edward Scissorhands

When we got the PS3 for Christmas, I wanted to get a blu-ray movie to test it out.  So, we checked the $10 movies and settled on Edward Scissorhands.  I remembered liking that movie--of course it DOES star Johnny Depp, so it could have been about vampires and it is likely I would have enjoyed it, and I HATE vampires.  From what I remembered about the movie, it seemed "safe" for the kids.  Guess what!?!  Yeah...a guy gets murdered!  I completely forgot about that.  I think my kids (except Katherine who is a horror movie junkie in the making) were a little freaked out, and I'm praying no one has nightmares from it!

What I wanted to share with you is Edward Scissorhands, from the perspective of a 5 year old.  There is a scene where Edward saves a boy from getting hit by a van.  And when he goes to check on him, he accidentally scratches him on the cheek.  All of the kids are intent, watching and waiting to see what will happen next.  All of them except Olivia.  In the midst of all of this, Olivia says "That's what happens when you have knives for hands!"

On a completely different note, I find myself itching to shave my head.  Oh that I could, and not be looked at or laughed at!  I know some people think I am crazy, especially since my hair hangs only about an inch below my chin, but I am now starting to feel the weight of it on my neck.  You know, that neck that hurts.  All.  The.  Time.  I can feel the weight.  And I want to just cut it all off.  So today I started looking at short hairstyles, trying to determine if any of them would look OK on my less than thin face.  Then I stumbled across Virtual Makeover.  You can upload a picture of yourself and test out different styles, to see if it is something that might look good on you.  I couldn't find any that I just loved.  So I will probably do nothing.  But, let me know what your thoughts are on the hairstyles below.  Which do you think looks best?  1, 2, or 3?

#1.

#2

#3

1 comment:

  1. I like 2... not sure why...I think the bangs look better! Go for it...it will grow back!

    ReplyDelete