Thursday, August 19, 2010

Writer's Workshop - Dear Mommy...

Mama's Losin' It


Dear Mommy,

I'm hungry.  If you don't give me candy, I will not be your friend.  If you yell at me again, I will be sad forever.  You told me no when I asked you for a snack.  Now I am sad forever.  I don't know what whining is.  All I know is that when you tell me all day long to stop whining, it just makes me cry.  And sad forever.  And hungry.

Love,
Olivia (age 4)

-----

Dear Mommy,

You are the best mommy I've ever had.  I love you so much and I am SOOO glad you are my mommy.  If I had a different Mommy and we saw you walking down the street I would ask my mom if you could be my mommy.  I love God.  And I love me.  And I love you.  I love everyone.  But Satan.  I don't love Satan.  I am going to be a Godly singer when I grow up.  I am going to make up a new song now.  It will have the word love in it.  Hearing this song makes me interested in learning the guitar.  I love you!

Love,
Abbey Rose (age 7)

-----

Dear Mommy,

Do I HAVE to take a shower?  No!  I don't want to.  Why?  But why?  That's not fair.  Can I PLEASE...nevermind.  You'll just say no anyway.  Well, I was just going to ask if I could play the Wii.  See?  I told you you'd say no.  Can I play the computer?  WHY NOT?  I'm sorry for all of my sins.  I love you.  Can I clean the bathroom now?  Can I use Clorox wipes?  YES!

Love,
Kaleb (age 8)

-----

Dear Momma,

I want to be just like you, now and when I grow up.  Therefore, I will sarcastically roll my eyes whenever Daddy says ANYTHING and will act annoyed when he tries to be funny.  You are a great role model.  Everything I ever wanted to know about sarcasm I learned from you.  Yes, like I've already told you a million and a half times, I will still be your friend when I am a teenager.  You're so much funnier than Daddy!

Love,
Katherine (age 9)

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Mama Kat's! I love the letters! Definitely how kids think... Especially the FOREVERS in the 4 year old's one! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such clever little children you have! Love this: "Yes, like I've already told you a million and a half times, I will still be your friend when I am a teenager."

    ReplyDelete