Friday, August 13, 2010

Time to write

I've been feeling lately as if I will never have time again to sit and write.  Something in me just doesn't feel right when I don't have time to blog.  I had intended to write this morning before going to work.  Instead, I drove (IN MY NEW VAN-post to come late!) to pick up new insurance cards and get some groceries so we are ready for school lunches next week.  I came home and decided to quickly clean out the fridge before heading to work. As I was leaning down to pick up some sour cream, I felt this horrible "twinge" in my lower back.  I'm not sure how else to describe it.  Immediately, the muscles began spasming, and haven't stopped.  Sitting is painful and any movement of my legs sends searing pain through my back.  Nice.  So, instead of going to work, I took a muscle relaxer and some ibuprofen and am laying in bed watching The Food Network.  I got up a few minutes ago.  Mistake.  All that to say...hey now I have some time to write...I just wish the circumstances were better.

For this first post to get me back into the swing of things, I thought I would share with you a conversation Katherine and I had on Google Talk (chat) the other day.  I was at work and Kris set her up to chat with me.



katherine.bishop: hi! :-)


 me: hey chica


2:45 PM katherine.bishop: madre is it?


 me: yes


2:46 PM that's a formal way of saying it "mama" with an accent on the last a is informal - madre would be Mother and mama would be more like mom or mommy


2:47 PM katherine.bishop: ok then


 me: is this still you kat?
  sounds kinda like daddy
  but daddy is busy
  so it must be you


2:51 PM katherine.bishop: oh no!!!!!i've been spending too much time with daddy!!!!!!!!!!save me!!!!!!!!!!!!!


She cracks me up!

1 comment: