Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dreams...can they come true?

Don't you just wish everything in life came easy?  Marriage, parenting, fulfilling your goals and dreams?

I went on a tour of the St. Louis branch of Le Cordon Bleu today.  I fell in love.  It excited me.  I found myself wanting to dive right in and say 'Screw the money, screw the time.  Let's do this!'  Of course, I don't live in fantasy land, no matter how much I'd like to.  It's almost $20,000 for their 9 month culinary program.  Sigh...

I have two other schools to look at in my area before I accept my fate.  But the more I thought about it today, the more I realized that I can just take the courses I want at the community college, without being in a program, and later, when time and money allow, then I can go through a culinary program.  Right now, I just want to learn.  I just want the knowledge and the skills and I can get that locally for under $100/credit hour.  At least, I assume it's still under $100.  Maybe I'll spend some time tonight looking up that information.

24 hours after my deep tissue massage, I feel like someone brutalized my back!!!  I keep expecting to see it all bruised up, but alas, it is not!  Overall though, my neck has felt better, though still some tightness.  Hey does anyone out there know if massages can count as a medical expense for FSA/HSA purposes?

I can't figure out what people see in Alton Brown.  I get so irritated when I am planning to spend the evening with The Food Network on in the background and find that Alton Brown is on.  Seriously people.  What is the appeal??? I can't get past the stupidity of how his show begins to even begin to gain any knowledge from his actual show.  Every time I hear/see it, I can't help but wonder what were they thinking???  Why him?  What was so appealing about him?  He's not funny.  What am I missing?

For those of you Alton Brown lovers out there...seriously...what is it about him that you like?

2 comments:

  1. $20,000 for 9 months??! Wow!

    I definitely think you should do STLCC, they can be cheap!

    I don't like Alton Brown either! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's an expenisive program.

    I have NO clue who Alton Brown is... never heard the name before...

    And deep tissue massages hurt!

    ReplyDelete