Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fall is coming...

I woke up to a pleasant surprise this morning...cool weather!  Not quite cool enough to scream fall...but a reminder that fall is fast approaching.  I bought a sweater today, to prepare my wardrobe for fall.  If only I could afford to buy a cute pair of brown boots too!  Maybe next paycheck...

I have an appointment tomorrow at a local culinary school here in St. Louis.  I am pretty sure it will be too expensive and it's nowhere near my house, but I'm going to check it out anyway.  Oh and it's completely unrealistic...the way the program is set up-I should add that it is completely unrealistic FOR ME, RIGHT NOW.  It's 3 hours a day, Monday through Friday, for 12 months.  Let's see...if maybe I didn't work full-time I may be able to consider something like that...oh or if I didn't have kids that needed their momma!  That's a pretty big sacrifice for both me and my family but I want to know what my options are, and so I will go and check out the school anyway.  I'm hoping next week to get in to see Le Ecole Culinaire, so that I can also rule that out before I face the fact that I will most likely wind up completing the culinary program at the local community college.  And really, I'm OK with that.  It allows me to do it at my pace, and it's going to be much easier to afford.

I'm watching my husband work presently.  He's just typing a bunch of letters and numbers...and then staring at the screen.  Yeah, I'd be staring at the screen too if I just typed random nonsense and expected it to look like a specific form or database.  This is what people pay my husband the big bucks for.  Staring at the computer and hoping it will all just magically turn into some sort of functioning database.  All joking aside, his work amazes me.  Confuses me more than I'd like to admit, but amazes me.  He's self-taught, which makes me even more proud of everything he knows how to do.  He's a really smart guy...that Kris is...I just wish programming didn't take so much time...

2 comments:

  1. Jamie, that's so awesome! Let me know how it goes!

    And I loved the weather today/tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya my husbands's a programmer also and it amazes me. My mind could never work like that. When I look at his code it looks like Chinese (well even that might be more understandable :))

    ReplyDelete