Monday, August 23, 2010

Readers abound

My kids love to read.  It makes me so proud and so very grateful that they love reading.  Katherine is probably the biggest bookworm right now, though I suspect the older everyone gets, the more "into" books they will become.  Kaleb is picky about his books but when he finds one he is interested in, he will read it from start to finish without stopping, if allowed.  Abbey's skills are improving every day and she is trying her hand at some chapter books now too.  Livvy, while she can't read the letters, loves book and loves having them read to her.  I know that once she is able to read them herself she will thrive as well in the literary world.

Katherine is currently reading through book 3 of the Harry Potter series.  As I write this, she has probably already finished it.  She spent most of the weekend nearing the end, so if she hasn't finished as of right now, I am sure she will be ready for book 4 tonight.  With her ER visit, we baby-ed her and let her pick out a movie to watch while she and I rested in bed and we also bought her book 4 in the Harry Potter series.  She is very excited about it and has loved the previous three books.

I've asked Katherine before if she would write a "guest post" sometime for my blog. She's always told me no.  When I realized what the real reason was for her outright rejection of me and my blog kind refusal, I discovered that she isn't confident in her typing skills and thinks it would take her too long.  I gave her a simple solution.  Write down what you want to say, and then I will type it.  She pondered this and I hadn't really brought it up to her again (this was about a month ago).

Today though, she surprised me by telling us on the way to school that she wanted to start a blog.  It was like Christmas for me!!!  And she is going to call it "Take a Look at this Book!"  Isn't that cute?  Everything done on this blog will be her.  I am not editing (well maybe spell check because I am after all a spelling/grammar freak) or adding or taking away.  It's her blog-I'm just typing it for her.  You are going to be in for a real treat!

When she is ready, I am hoping that some of you will take an interest in the thoughts and musings of my awesome not-quite-ten-year-old writing gal!  It made me so happy and proud that she said she wanted to start her own blog!  She's an excellent writer, though I'm not sure she'll be sharing her awesome stories here-her focus is going to be on books.  She also is just like me has just a slight touch of her mother's sarcasm, so I'm interested to read what she has to say and I think you might be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment