Friday, August 20, 2010

Follow Me...

...Chickadee!!






I was so sad to miss FMC last week.  My back was a mess and I spent most of the day in the ER.  After three consecutive days of acupuncture (and 6 days of Percocet, Toradol and Robaxin I think), I am actually feeling about 85% better.  I'm not 100% yet, but the pain in my back has finally decreased enough to remind me that the two degenerated discs in my neck are still degenerated!  Yep...still painful!  BUT...through this experience, I finally found a pain pill (after all the different ones prescribed over the last 2 years) that dulls the pain in my neck (besides Dilaudid through an IV)...Percocet.  Too bad I'm out and it's addicting.  Because I could so learn to function with it!!!  I want to re-emphasize here that ACUPUNCTURE WORKS!!  For all the nay sayers out there, I truly believe that my back would be in awful shape and I'd be at my doctor begging for more pain pills if it weren't for acupuncture.  Yesterday I had 11 needles sticking out of my body in various places.  I have NO idea how it works (nor am I looking for an explanation) but it does work.  It's really weird though.  And they say it doesn't hurt.  Well...while that is MOSTLY true, sometimes it does.  The ones on the side of my palm have hurt and the ones in my ears have been uncomfortable.  Most of them I barely feel go in though and once they're in you really don't feel them.

I am SO looking forward to a pedicure and massage this weekend!!  Both are long overdue...

What else can I tell you?  Friday Funnies are temporarily on hold...at least until I can get back into some sort of routine with school and work and blogging...

Is anyone out there watching MasterChef?  LOVE IT!

I know I've been much quieter than usual lately.  I have been really busy...but I also can't write and then post something that doesn't "feel" right.  I can't explain it.  But I'm not going to write just for the sake of writing or having a blog post.  It's just not how I roll.  :-)  So, when I have something to say, I will.  Maybe I'm in a funk.   A writing funk, not a "I'm so depressed" kind of funk.  I'm doing OK on that front right now, and am still doing so un-medicated for the time being.  I think that because fall is approaching, I am feeling more hopeful and able to deal with the normal craziness of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment