Friday, August 20, 2010

End in sight

I'm glad this week is over.  It wasn't BAD...it was just CRAZY!  Work, kids, school, etc...

My kids made me smile on the way home tonight, along with a little help from GLEE.  The first song on the Volume 3 CD is Hello, Goodbye.  Hearing them sing along to some of my favorite songs from GLEE puts a smile on my face every time!  They're so cute.  And somewhere in the middle of all of this Livvy is back there saying "I love you Hydrangea!"  (if you're just tuning in, Hydrangea is our van)

So, I have something I need to get off of my chest...my van has this gauge on it to track the miles per gallon.  Kris is convinced that it will help him drive better.  He is dying to get the best gas mileage he can and has been obsessed with monitoring the MPG, as well as adjusting how he drives (trying to be better).  He was thrilled when it got to 15 MPG, especially considering that our driving always alternates evenly between city and highway driving.  He claimed that after I drove it for 3 minutes yesterday that I dropped the MPG from 15.3 to 15.2.  He was not correct.  And today, though I know I should really boost his ego instead of bragging about my own awesomeness, I just have to share that after being the ONLY one driving our van last night and three different times today the MPG went from 15.3 to 15.6.  TAKE THAT KRIS!!  Who's the better driver??? Oh that would be me!  Leave it to me and I'll have to to 16 by tomorrow!!

I'm pretty bummed that our Back to School Picnic got cancelled due to rain I'm not sure we're going to get.  I put a lot of time, energy, AND money into it, and found out by email just hours before it was scheduled that they were cancelling it.  There is more I could say, but shouldn't.  And so I will just say that I am bummed and frustrated.  I'll get over it...

1 comment:

  1. haha that is so funny about the MPG! So glad you could prove your skills!

    "I love you Hydrangea" is so cute too, btw :)

    ReplyDelete