Sunday, August 15, 2010

Van troubles...already

You hope that when you get a new vehicle, even if it is used, that it will be some time before you have to put money into it.  Right?

Yesterday while driving our beloved Hydrangea we started to hear squealing...when we tried to brake.  Great...we really want to sock hundred of dollars in to repair the brakes.  We knew that at some point we would have to replace them.  It's inevitable.  But WE JUST BOUGHT IT!  Barely 3 days ago.  And if that weren't enough, today while driving to the library, Kris said the rear hatch came up.  And now it will not latch shut!  Is this some sort of test?  Or punishment/consequence?  We do not feel as if we made an unwise decision in buying the van.  We shopped around.  We did our research.  Kris even checked out the ACV on the van to make sure we weren't getting screwed over.  In everything he could find, we were purchasing the van for LESS than what it is actually worth.  One of the reasons we decided to purchase a new one is because we didn't really want to put any more money into an old vehicle.  Putting more money up front into a newer vehicle isn't ideal.  But we can't second guess ourselves.  It is what it is.  We just have to suck it up and deal with it.  Doesn't make it NOT frustrating though!

I'm still spending most of my time in bed resting my back.  I have to go back to work tomorrow so I have to make the most of every second I have to relax.  I'm not looking forward to sitting in an uncomfortable chair for 8 hours.  I'll definitely be taking my heating pad and pain pills with me!

Only 3 hours and 12 minutes until the Next Food Network Star!  Who else is excited?  Oh, just me?  Yeah well...I've got nothing else to do...

2 comments:

  1. My car's brakes always squeal and they can't do much about it... it happens as soon as there is dirt in them. I can get them cleaned but it lasts no more than a couple weeks so I stopped bothering. They assure me that they are perfectly safe, but it's just a certain type of brake that does that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no!! That SUCKS!! I can't believe it! I hope it all gets cleared up for NOT a ton of money!

    ReplyDelete