Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More boring van updates?

No.  Well, maybe one.  The rear hatch is fixed and was under the still existing Hyundai warranty!  What a relief!!  The brakes are mostly quiet, unless it rains.  I'm going to pretend that means all is well...

Kris and I are a little obsessed with keeping the new van clean.  We haven't let the kids take any food or drink in the van at all.  We're not sure how long until we break that rule, but for now, we're holding steady.  We're very hardcore right now.  We found a small piece of a leaf and a dried piece of grass and were discussing it on the way to pick up the kids.  Oh let me back up just to say that Kris is not funny as witty as I am.  That being said, when he does say something funny, it's pretty good!  So, we're discussing the kids and how careless they have been in our new van.  And we were joking around about giving the kids a hard time for getting the van dirty when Kris says "I'm going to put one of their heads right next to it and say 'Look at that!'"

My back is finally feeling better tonight.  I had acupuncture yesterday and today and finally this evening I have felt relief.  I expected to feel the same intense pain when I moved after the medicine wore off.  But it wasn't there.  There is still pain and a pull if I try to bend over, and there is still annoying pain shooting down through my right thigh and knee but overall I feel a LOT better!  I'm going back to the chiropractor tomorrow and we'll see what happens.  I'm hoping I'm over the worst of it, because I'm running out of pain pills and I don't want to have to A. Do without or B. Ask my doctor for more.

School has started!!  Two days in and overall things are going well.  The kids love their teachers.  I asked Livvy if she liked her teacher and she said yes.  Then she thought about it, and said "I don't like her mean voice!"  I asked her if the teacher used her mean voice on HER and she assured me that she was using it on someone else and not her!  Abbey likes her teacher (who just got married a couple months ago) because "Sometimes she forgets her new name!"  Of course Abbey would love that about her teacher!  Kaleb is in third grade, and Kat in fourth!  So hard to believe...where does the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment