Friday, August 6, 2010

Thrift stores

Like any mom without unlimited amounts of money to spend on my children, I love a good thrift store.  You can find so many great treasures there.  It's like a garage sale, only air-conditioned!  And more organized.  OK, OK maybe SOME of you have very organized garage sales.  I was not trying to step on any toes.  All I'm trying to say is that I LOVE the thrift store.  Not for my own clothes mind you.  If I were skinny and young, I'm sure I could find wonderful clothes that would look great on me.  Maybe someone should open up a thrift store that specializes in larger women.  Maybe then I could find clothes that didn't look like curtains...someone get on that!  But I love stocking up on summer clothes or finding uniform clothes for my kids at the thrift store.  Just last week, I had to hunt for tennis shoes for the kids.  They have their new school shoes, but I didn't want to send them to my parents with the new shoes and everyone has outgrown or worn out their shoes to the point of needing an alternative.  I found all four kids tennis shoes (AND two outfits each) and only spent $25.

Today I discovered a new kind of thrift store.  One that I would be embarrassed to tell you about, if I actually found it impressive or "cool".  The store I am going to introduce you to today though is called Laclede Computer Trading Company.  On the outside, it looks like any other store in a strip mall.  And just so we have the comparison, most thrift stores that I know of are all in similar strip malls.


As soon as we walked in, I took one look around and promptly announced to Kris "It's like a thrift store for geeks!"  Don't believe me?  Check it out:








NEEDLESS TO SAY SOMEONE (DEFINITELY NOT ME!) SAID "I LOVE THIS STORE!"  Boys and their toys...

Hope you're all having a great Friday!  I'm off to Indiana soon to pick up my kids.  They have spent the last 10 days with my parents and I have missed them.  I cannot wait to see them and hear their voices again.  I'm sure by tomorrow morning I'll be back to the usual "My kids are driving me insane!" posts!



4 comments:

  1. I've never seen a computer thrift store before...I'm just geeky enough to think that's so cool!

    Visting from Follow Me Chickadee Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take it Kris liked the store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that is the male version of ours:O)

    ReplyDelete