Sunday, September 19, 2010

B2S/B2B

I'm a procrastinator and tend to work out of order.  So, I AM participating in Kludgy Mom's Back to School, Back to Blogging, but I am doing week two before week 1.  I am afraid that if I don't just get started I will miss out.  I have done half of the work for week 1 but haven't found a chance to really sit down and deal with the writing aspect of it.  You see, I hate all the technical aspects of the internet and blogging...widgets, templates, all sorts of big words that intimidate me.  So here I am, trying to knock out this portion, in the hopes that it will help me move forward with week 1.  First of all, check out the Back to School, Back to Blogging here:


Kludgy Mom

This week's writing assignment is to pick a topic from The Idea Bank, after submitting your own 10 suggestions. This is going to be a great resource for bloggers who, like me, tend to be experiencing some writer's block from time to time.  The topic I chose for this post is "What is the chore you hate to do and how creative could you be in getting out of it?"  I didn't even have to think about this one, at least the first part.  

LAUNDRY.

I. HATE. LAUNDRY.

The up and down the stairs is my least favorite.  It's the part that I avoid at all costs.  So what am I doing to get out of it?  I have pretended for the last 2 years that I have constant pain in my neck.  I pretend that it hurts me to carry the basket full of 6 people's clothes, 75 times each week.  I also pretend that my back hurts whenever I lean over to reach into the basket to fold the clothes.  So in an effort to avoid doing the laundry, I have bred and now trained small people to be able to do this task.  It is my primary goal for their lives.  I have two of them trained (two still in training), two of them who can take the baskets up and down, put the clothes in the washer, put the soap in, start it, switch it to the dryer, bring the clothes upstairs and even manage to not-quite-correctly fold the clothes and put them away.  It was actually pretty clever on my part.  How many of you are sitting there nodding in agreement that laundry is by far the WORST possible chore?  Here's the solution.  Have FOUR children.  Because, at some point, they will all be big enough to assist.  And you will not have to go on pretending to be in physical pain just to escape the responsibility!  It's either that, or ban clothing entirely in your household.  

9 comments:

  1. I'll have to wait a few more years for mine but that is definately a good idea!! If you're gonna have lots of kids in the house might as well make use of them right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have four as well. My oldest knows how to do laundry and helps with it as part of his chores. Great minds think alike! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I look at all the work to do around the house, I begin to wonder why I got my tubes tied! I may need more hands...ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the minority but I like doing laundry. Clean laundry is one of my favorite scents. But by the end of the 4th load I am tired of going up and down the stairs with baskets of clothes. I actually got The Hubs to go down and get a basket I forgot for me over the weekend. It's the folding I hate. Speaking of I have a basket in the living room to be folded and one in the dryer that needs to be brought up. My dream is to have a first floor laundry room. Then I would have no problem with laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I do have four children, but they haven't been properly trained. I hope it isn't too late!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's never too late! Just like with a man... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just sitting here laughing my head off. I had to read your post twice to make sure that you said that you had actually pretended to have pain to get them to do the laundry. Yep, that is what you said. Pure brilliance....one of mine just moved to college, so I have less laundry. I will get on the training of my other one....think that I just felt a twinge in my back:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have 4 kids! I think I can do this!!! Granted the youngest is 8 months old so he doesn't count but the others are 14, 11, and 8! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete