Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop

Mama's Losin' It

10 REASONS I LOVE MY JOB

10.
I can wear whatever I want.  If I want to squeeze into those spandex biker shorts and tube top (GROSS!), while my coworkers may complain, there is no rule (that I know of) saying I CANNOT.

9.
The people in my office talk about the weirdest things, like the Easter Snake and how with one look you can tell if someone is a prostitute.  Seriously...the stuff these people come up with is priceless!

8.
I'm good at what I do.  I can't EXPLAIN what I do, but I am good at it!  

7.
Facebook is an acceptable mental break.  Wait...it is, isn't it?

6.
I have the ability to work from home, or any location as long as I have an internet connection.  SO glad for a VPN/remote desktop!

5.
There is a Q'doba within minutes of the office.

4.
My husband allows me to frequent aforementioned Q'doba every other week or so. Which has little to do with my job, unless you will believe that Q'doba makes me do my job better?

3.
I have a 30 minute commute, which means a good hour of "reading" books (thank you Audible.com) I wouldn't otherwise have time to read.

2.
I work with vendors who sometimes send us food, take us to lunch or send us Starbucks gift cards.

1.
I GET TO SLEEP WITH MY BOSS!  
(Don't worry people...he's also my husband.)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! ALso, Q'doba? Yum!!! :)

    Sleeping with the boss does have its perks, right?!

    Stopping by from Mama's . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list! Sounds like you get a lot of benefits with your job. ;-) And I agree that audio books are great. Blessings on your day! :)

    ReplyDelete