Sunday, September 26, 2010

No Bake Cookies *Updated*

The last time I tried to make no bake cookies sugar-free the consistency was horrible.  They tasted great...but you had to eat them with a spoon, as they all just kind of melted together into one large plate-shaped cookie.  This time around, I had more oats on hand and so I was able to make them thicker.  The only problem this time is that they needed to be sweeter.  I guess I can't have everything...but maybe some day I will perfect them...so here is the updated recipe for anyone that wants it.  Oh this time I also used almond butter instead of cashew butter, since it is what I had on hand.  These don't match the sugar-filled ones at all, but they are a close second, especially when you want chocolate.


Gluten-free No Bake Cookies

1 1/2 cups agave nectar*
8 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup gluten-free unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup almond butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
4 cups gluten-free quick oats

In large saucepan, combine agave nectar, butter, milk and cocoa. Heat, stirring frequently until boiling. Boil 1-2 minutes; remove from heat and cool 1 minute. Stir in almond butter, vanilla & salt and mix well. Add oatmeal (and nuts/coconut if desired). Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper and let cool until it hardens. *If you can have sugar, increase amount to 2 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment