Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Premiere Week!

Maybe it's not officially premiere week, but there are some great shows premiering this week!  So far this week I have watched Glee (was it even necessary to mention that?), Chuck, Raising Hope, Lone Star and Running Wilde.  Now I'm sitting here watching (and almost crying 10 minutes in) The Biggest Loser.  I watch a LOT of TV.  I love it.  Kris and I really connect and enjoy watching "our" shows.  So, let's talk about some of these shows.

Raising Hope - Kris is not impressed.  I am.  Well, not impressed.  But I thought it was cute and could either be good or really struggle to maintain a decent storyline.  I'd like to give it a couple more episodes anyway.

The Biggest Loser - Well, there isn't much to say yet.  I've only seen half of the contestants thus far, but I enjoy the show.  I am hoping I find others to root for that I just really like.  I felt like last season just wasn't as good as previous seasons...or rather, it was hard to find someone I wanted to root for last season.  My heart strings are already being pulled for this woman (Aida I think?) whose two little brothers died(due to circumstances beyond her control) and when she was in an accident with her third younger brother her father slapped her in the face and said "Are you trying to kill another one?"  What a horrible, horrible thing to say.  To your child especially!  I like Burgandy too...

Lone Star - I think this show has potential.  It's about a conman who is living 2 different lives and things begin spinning out of control.  I thought the premise was interesting, so we watched it.  While watching, I was thinking "I really like this show."  By the end, I loved it.  Hopefully it will keep up the momentum!

Glee - It is coming in 3rd place simply because I didn't not think the premiere was AMAZING.  Don't get me wrong.  I loved it because I love Glee.  I love Charice.  She's adorable and can sing to boot!  I really hope she comes back to New Directions.  Not sure how I feel about Coach Beist.  But I LOVED every single Sue interaction on the show.  SO. FUNNY!!  The previews for next week look good, though I think it will be one of those episodes I probably can't let my kids watch, because of the suggestive nature of the clothing and behavior.

Chuck - THE PREMIERE WAS AWESOME!  I love Chuck!!!  And the premiere was just very well done and made me realize how much I had missed it over the summer.

Running Wilde - When I first saw Will Arnet was starring, I was instantly intrigued.  I loved Arrested Development.  I love his character even more in Running Wilde.  It was so funny!  I just really enjoyed it and it will have it's place in my Hulu queue.  I was watching bits and pieces of it again today and it made me smile.  Can't wait to see what is in store this season.

Upcoming shows I can't wait to watch?  30 Rock, Community, Modern Family, and Big Bang Theory!!

What are you watching this season?  Any of your favorite shows premiere this week?

1 comment:

  1. Chuck was amazing and I really liked Lonestar.

    My satellite cut out during Raising Hope and Running Wilde and Parenthood, so I was really upset.

    Glee was ok, I wasn't blown away but I'm excited for next week's episode!!

    ReplyDelete