Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The shoe's on the other foot

Kris FINALLY got a taste of his own medicine!  Victory is mine!!!

Actually, I do feel a little bad, only because I know what it's like to lay awake for HOURS, unable to fall asleep because #1.  You have trouble sleeping and #2.  The person next to you is snoring.

This new muscle relaxer the doctor put me on is VERY effective.  I stopped taking the unisom and reduced the amount of Xanax that I am taking at night.  And within an hour of taking the muscle relaxer, two Xanax, and one 3mg melatonin, I'm sleepy.  In an hour and a half, I'm fighting to keep my eyes open.  It's WONDERFUL!

I have been getting a solid 3-4 hours of sleep at night!  After at least 6 years of not sleeping.  It's not the 6 (yet?) that the doctor thinks I should be getting but it's an improvement.  So I'll sleep for 3-4 hours without waking up or moving, then I'll wake up and fall back to sleep 2-3 times before finding myself fully alert between 4:50am and 6:15am.  I've been to work early and driving separate has been a HUGE stress reliever for me, even if Kris and I are driving to the same place every day.

But anyway...the reason "I win" is that last night Kris laid in bed next to me tossing and turning for several hours while I slept soundly, snoring away.  He finally got out of bed and went down to the basement to sleep.  While I do feel a little bad for him, I am quite satisfied that he finally understands a little bit of what I have gone through over the years.  Not that the staying awake/snoring is his fault...but it definitely doesn't help a person who already having trouble falling asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Danny doesn't quite understand how little sleep I get either. He sleeps like a rock every single night! It's miserable. I do love melatonin though. It really helps me.

    ReplyDelete