Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New meds

I finally went to the rheumatologist today.

No real answers except that he seems to concur with my primary doctor that I need to RELAX.  And stop blaming myself for every bad thing that has happened in my life, and stop feeling guilty when I have nothing to feel guilty about.  He prescribed a muscle relaxer to take before bed in place of my Unisom.  He seems to think that a LOT of my issues are due to not sleeping well at night.  We will see if it makes any difference.  I am skeptical, just because NOTHING has worked.  I know that a lot of my pain comes from tension/anxiety, and so the Xanax is helping with that aspect...but I don't want to get to the point where I feel crazy and out of control if I don't take the Xanax, you know?

The doctor said that if I am still having problems even if I am sleeping better at night, he can do cortisone shots in the areas in my neck/shoulders where I am experiencing pain.  He does want me to stretch my arms/neck/shoulders, and do yoga.  I am hoping that I can be disciplined enough to fit the yoga in.  And I'd also like to be a morning person.  I wonder if any of those things will happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment