Monday, February 7, 2011

Mommy can draw???

Photobucket

I know some of you saw my squirrel drawing from the other day, about all the animals that have tried to kick me out of my house...


This got me thinking, I wonder if I can draw any of the other crazy thoughts in my head.  So I made the kids give me some paper and a pencil and set to work (it was actually really relaxing), drawing about a scenario that happened recently during church.  Actually it has happened more than once.  I have this issue, you know, with people touching me.  This includes sitting next to me...and sitting too close to me.  Two weeks ago, Kris and I were late to church.  There was limited seating, so we chose a spot on the right hand side where there were four chairs.  Kris went in first, to sit by the people that were in the middle.  It stands to reason then that the seat next to me would remain free, as it should!  I like my space.  I don't like sitting close to people (except for Kris-I'm used to him so he is allowed in my space).  It doesn't matter where I am.  It could be a movie, at church, even on my own living room couch.  I can't stand the light brush of someone up against my arm, or even the thought of it.  It's just one of those things that I have trouble coping with.

And wouldn't you know it...someone else came in later than us.  TWO people came in later than us.  And they sat right next to me.  So I sat stiff and tense through the entire service.  And worst of all...there was one open seat on Kris' other side!  If I had gone in before Kris that day, I would have had one seat between me and the people on the left!!!

So this past week, we sat on the other side.  There was a row that was almost all the way open.  Kris and I stayed towards the left side.  There was one open seat, then him, then me, then 4 open seats to my right.  I obviously didn't think this one through very well either.  Because wouldn't you know it...a family of three came in, and sat on the INSIDE of the pew we were in, the mother choosing to sit right next to me.  Thank God for giving men the wisdom to create "greeting times" (WHICH I HATE AND COULD WRITE A WHOLE BLOG POST ABOUT).  Kris and I had talked before about a way to fix this problem for me in the future.  I could simply get up, go to the bathroom, and then come back.  He would scoot in, so it would look like he was just trying to save me the trouble of climbing over him.  So at church...I practically ran out of the sanctuary.  #1.  I could avoid greeting time.  #2.  I could "fix" the fact that someone was in my personal space.  It was all very cleverly orchestrated.  I am came back in after everyone had sat down, and then I just sat on the end seat.  Now here's the real question.  When will I FINALLY learn to just sit on the end of a row to begin with???? Hopefully this coming week!

That being said...that situation is what prompted the following drawing:




2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Life of a Sippy Cup Mom!
    I totally understand your need for space. I feel your pain. I always try to put a purse,jacket, arm anything right next to me so that I don't have someone I don't know sit that close. Drives me crazy! End seats are a wonderful thing! Claim it this week and save yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really funny. I hate people sitting really close next to me too. What do you do on airplanes? That's the worst! I'm your newest follower. I'd love for you to come by and visit my blog!

    http://theloops13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete