Tuesday, February 15, 2011

On edge

I am really stressed out tonight.  Well...anxious is really a better word.  I'm starting to feel a little better, thanks for my friendly Vitamin X.  I was really busy at work today, doing a task that is time-consuming, tedious, and on my list of "tasks I'd rather not do".  Then I left work later than I wanted to, and went to pick up the kids.  They took their own sweet time getting their stuff together.  I think it took us 20 minutes to get out to the van.  And they were CRAZY!!  We came home for dinner before leaving again for Awanas.  By the time we got back in the van to head to Awanas, Monster Mama reared her ugly head.  Poor kids.  I got a little spastic...and there may have been some yelling involved.  :-(

I went to community group while the kids were in Awanas and was able to relax a little.  It's always good to be around other adults.  I needed that.  And then I picked the kids up and the anxiety immediately returned.  I was so stressed out about doing the bedtime routine.  Fortunately, Kris got home in time to finish it.  I took some much needed medication and am now chilling with The Bachelor, while Kris works on his ever so illustrious basketball career.  On the PS3.

We were talking about whether or not we would watch a show together tonight after I finished The Bachelor and he finished playing basketball.  I told him I *might* be able to a 30 minute show before falling asleep but I wasn't sure.  And then he told me he would need to watch something to wind down.  I was like "Um...you need to wind down after playing a game???"  He told me that it is a very intense basketball career and he would need to wind down.  So...yeah...I do love that guy.  But I think he's taking this NBA 2K11 WAY too seriously!!

No comments:

Post a Comment