Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bracing for the take over...

I have to try to calm myself and put my thoughts in order.  Otherwise, utter nonsense may spew forth...though let's be realistic.  That will probably happen anyway!

I just got done telling you that because I dreamed about multiple people living in my attic, there HAD to be multiple "things" (or people) truly living in my attic.  I WAS RIGHT!

Animal Control came out 30 min to an hour late at the exact time they promised!!!  And so I TOTALLY WAS  wasn't irritated at all.  After checking out the house, he came to the door and told us that we had squirrels.  The snow cover actually helped him identify the culprits.  But, we didn't have just ONE squirrel.  The guy that came out told "There's A LOT of activity."  He then took Kris out and walked around, showing him everything.  He said there were at least 6-8 squirrels, and they are coming in at three different places under the roof.  And there is a possible fourth, if we don't intervene.

Kris walked back into the house with an appointment for Monday morning for Animal Control to set traps...


And...


A bill for $1000!!!!


It gets worse.  I know you're thinking "What could be worse than having to shell out $1000 that you don't have?"  Unfortunately Lucky for you, I am going to tell you.

We've had issues with ants.  Everyone does.  They come and go...but they mostly just stay.  A few years ago, we had crickets downstairs.  They only appeared at night.  And I would see them, gathering in a circle.  I am pretty sure they were trying to start a cult.  The mice were the worst by far, which you know I've written about time and time again. We even had a standoff last summer. It was NOT pleasant.

Now we have squirrels to deal with.  Well, we're letting Animal Control deal with them.

Has anyone noticed that the animals keep getting larger????

I've made it clear to the world that I do not like animals.  Rather, I do not like pets.  No.  I do not WANT pets.  It makes me wonder if there are spies among the animal species, monitoring my blog, reading my posts, and trying desperately to "win me over".  What must I do?  Must I get a dog?  Will that satisfy all of you crazy animals out there?  Or do I just wait until I have an invasion of raccoons?  And what's next after raccoons?  Probably cheetahs.  Then buffalo, until I really do have a Wookalar or two trying to run me out of my home..

So, for my own amusement, here is what is in my head about how I feel about all of these stupid animals.  Please disregard the poor handwriting.  It was never my strong suit.  And yes, I did draw that, all by myself.  Didn't know I had it in me did you?  No?  Neither did I!  FYI...crickets are REALLY hard to draw!!!

5 comments:

  1. OMGSH-I was just thinking next it would be raccoons and then the deer!
    $1000!!??!??!? WTH???
    ~Naila Moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God! I'm sorry that you had to shell out $1000, but the post that resulted was really freakin' funny! It sounds like you've had more than your fair share of pests... next time just buy some of whatever they eat and make a trail to a neighbor's house (one you don't like).

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Craftymom - I THINK YOU JUST HELPED ME MAKE SENSE OF ALL OF THIS! Our neighbors ALL hate us...maybe THEY are the ones sending all the pests...like you suggested we do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hear there are bears in Missouri...Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee...thanks Dad...I forgot to add those in between the cheetas and buffalo. Or are buffalo smaller than bears? I guess bears are more realistic in Missouri.

    ReplyDelete