Monday, July 9, 2012

Weigh In

I was really disappointed this morning when I got on the scale.  First of all, I got on Cindy's scale and it said I had gained a pound.  I was so disappointed that I drove to MY house to get on MY scale.  The same scale I've been weighing myself on.  It was better.  It said I was down .6 lbs.  So that makes a total of 2 pounds in 2 weeks.  Which isn't that impressive.  The reason I was frustrated is because I did everything right.  Between WW and Body by Vi, I ate right.  I joined Planet Fitness and worked out every single day this past week.  I had a really good week.  And it didn't show up on the scale.  So, I was disappointed.  And of course, I let all of Facebook know.  ;-)

I know that when you build muscle you can gain weight or not lose as much, so maybe that explains the lack of pounds falling off of this body of mine.  But I don't care about any of that.  I want to see results on the scale.

And then, someone put me in my place.  Someone reminded me what was really important.  She's always doing that! A friend told me this:

"It is more important that you are healthier...you are a better example for your children...you are not turning to food instead of God...you have been in less pain.  Forget the pounds, you have been accomplishing so much more.  Psalm 27:14 'Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.'"

Wow.

You know what?

She's right.

I AM getting healthier.

I AM setting a better example for my kids.

I AM NOT turning to food.

And the biggest thing?

Less pain.

So much less that I canceled my appointment for an epidural injection scheduled for next week!!!

Seriously.

I knew that exercising and eating better would help my back.  I had no idea how much it would affect my neck.  Granted, it is hard to tell if it is JUST the diet and exercise or the two new medications I am on for nerve pain and osteoarthritis.  But regardless, I am feeling a LOT better physically.

I danced today.  I DO NOT dance.  It's so outside of my comfort zone.  I'm not agile.  I'm not flexible.  I have no rhythm.  But I dance (granted, no one was around to see how horrendous it was except the kids).  I found Just Dance For Kids 2 at the library and my mother-in-law has the Kinect.  So Katherine and I danced away for 30 minutes.  That might have been dumb kids music, and I may or may not have danced to songs from Yo Gabba Gabba & The Wiggles...but it was a workout!

So, there are so many good things that have come from this new journey I started two weeks ago.  I am going to celebrate all the little (and big) victories, even if they aren't showing up on the scale just yet!  Speaking of little victories, I went to Tony's Donuts today (my favorite donut shop EVER!) and did not get anything for myself!  Little victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment