Tuesday, July 10, 2012

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 6

I just want to put this out there, for anyone who is new, that I am not taking this blog challenge seriously.  I know that sound horrible.  What I mean is that I wanted to put a little spin on it, and take it lightly.  Make it my own.  Be fun with it.

So, when I look at Day 6, "What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?", I immediately know that what I went through today was the hardest thing I have ever experienced.

Original photo can be found here.


My phone died.

Not a full death.  Just the battery.  Before I left my house to spend the day at my mother-in-law's, I thought "Maybe I should bring my charger..."  But I convinced myself I wouldn't need it, we wouldn't be staying late, and worst case scenario, Kris would have a charger in his laptop case when he got off of work.

So I set off to Cindy's, without a charger, and this would begin a ten hour time period during which I experienced quit a bit of anxiety.  My phone died around 2pm.  I had spent some time reading on the Kindle app, which of course means the screen was on for over an hour nonstop.  That certainly didn't help!

Does anyone else really understand how it feels when your phone dies and you have no way to charge it?  Maybe I got spoiled with my old phone, which had a second battery.  Maybe I got used to always having my van, and having a charger in there.  But Kris' van is in the shop right now, so we've been juggling vehicles with his mom, or I've been going without, and so it is really very tragic.

Tomorrow may be worse than not having a charged phone.  Tomorrow I won't have a van at all!  The horror!!!  How will I get my QuikTrip tea?  How will I leave my house?  How will I go to the store, if I need to go to the store?

As I was contemplating this reality of not having the van, I seriously thought "If I absolutely have to, CAN I WALK TO QT?"  On the drive home, I even watched to make sure there were sidewalks on the entire walk, should I decide to go get my tea.  Of course, there are several advantages to walking to QT.

I get my tea!

I get activity points for WW!

I get out of the house (which is probably going to be necessary since I was going to try to force myself to clean and I'll need a reason not to)!

We'll see if I actually do it.  I'm sure you'll know!  Maybe I'll do a video or photo journal of my trip.  I'm sure it will be extremely exciting!

But anyway...back to my dead phone...

It was very sad.

It was very difficult.

There were moments that I didn't think I would make it through the day.

Around 4pm, I seriously considered borrowing my MIL's van and driving to my house to get a charger, since Kris and I were going to stay at his mom's, have dinner and watch America's Got Talent, then work out using her Kinect.  But I was convinced he would have a charger.  So I took the risk and stayed.

And of course, he didn't have one!  What???  What happened to the one that is always in his laptop case?  And where did the one go that goes in the van?  How are we missing two chargers now?  True, we HAD four total...so having two missing shouldn't be that big of a deal...BUT...in reality, I didn't have my phone on for ten hours!

But I just want to assure you that I did indeed survive.  And I learned to never go anywhere without a phone charger.  Worst.  Experience.  Ever.

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment