Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dora, Dora, Dora The Explorer

Boots and something something Explorer Dora...

Sing it with me now...

Or don't.

We all had shows we watched growing up.  For me, it was the Smurfs.  And Rescue Rangers.  Earlier on, it was He-man and G.I. Joe (real American hero...).  Shows change as we grow older and personally, I think they just keep getting worse.

I mean, The Wiggles?  Really?  Do I really need to expound?

And then there is Yo Gabba Gabba.  A show that my kids (thank you Jesus!) grew up too quickly to watch.

But we watched Dora.  Oh boy did we watch a LOT of Dora.  You have to remember, I had three toddlers all at the same time and Dora was THE show.  And then Olivia caught on to the tail end of Dora The Explorer's popularity.  So much so that until about a year and a half ago, everything had to be Dora.  I thought she would never outgrow her love for Dora.

In case you are not familiar with the show, Dora is a little girl who may or may not be Hispanic.  It's debatable, if you ask me.  She could be a tan girl who knows Spanish, or she could be a Hispanic girl who also has a good handle on English.  I used to like the show because she spoke in Spanish.  Nothing like a little Spanish enrichment for the little ones, right?

So, she has three very vital things in her life.  Boots, her pet monkey.  The Map, who helps her know the way to go, through a series of obstacles/pit stops along the way.  And then there is Backpack.  Backpack sings and talks and has everything Dora could possibly need.  But, you can't forget about Swiper.  He is always trying to "swipe" Dora's stuff.  And she is always saying "Swiper no swiping."  If she can say it three times fast enough, he can't swipe her stuff, then he sulks away saying "Ahh man..."

And every episode is done exactly the same way.  Except, from time to time, Dora's cousin Diego will show up.  I am not sure why.  But he is apparently some animal expert and his knowledge is somehow needed in some episodes.

Bottom line?

I had had just about enough of Dora the Explorer.

Until yesterday.

A friend posted a video on Facebook that had me laughing hysterically.  OK...maybe not quite THAT dramatically, but it was funny.  Then, watching Kris and Cindy watch the video, it was just priceless.  I couldn't stop laughing.  I would tell you all of my favorite parts, but I don't want to ruin it for you.

Kris and I were talking about this video we watched and how we would totally go see that movie, if it were only real!!  It would be hilarious!

So, without further ado, here is the video.  You're welcome!

Please leave a comment and let me know what your favorite part was!!


4 comments:

  1. Very funny... maybe this is the way little kids relate to Dora on their own little level... I mean.. like maybe it has this much "action" and "drama" to them... and that's why they like it so much. I might even watch an episode or two... it they really made this adult version of Dora. Ha! Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Tony! I hadn't even thought about it that way. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so hilarious!!! I would soooo watch a Dora movie like this! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Regina!!!! I think it would be a great movie! "Dora, I haven't seen you since I was this many..."

      Delete