Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Exciting gifts in the mail!

I just wanted to show you what I got in the mail today.  I'm pretty excited about both things.


I am participating in a virtual book swap this month.  I sent my partner (they not-so-randomly paired us up) Robert Jordan's "The Wheel Of Time Book 1".  I decided that since she will read anything, she NEEDS to read this series!!!  I also sent her a few of the items in my Audible.com wishlist so she'd have an idea of what I like.

Well, she sent me not 1, but 2 books.  I think for the blog swap/link up, I will definitely read the shorter one, The Ruins of Gorlan.  But I am definitely excited to read Gone With The Wind!

Additionally, my shake mix for the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge arrived today, as well as my info on being a promoter.  I hope that I can get some friends/family to join me in this challenge.  I think it is going to be a lot of fun and has the potential to help a lot of people get back on the right track with their health.  Plus, who doesn't want to eat dessert for breakfast and lunch?

Today I made up a recipe based on a dessert I had in Russia.  My favorite food from Russia was this ice cream we got from a little stand in a park.  It was blueberry ice cream covered in white chocolate and it was SO good!  Granted, the shake did not taste exactly the same.  However, it was really good.  I just used some frozen blueberries, some 1/2 fat, no sugar added ice cream (only 1/2 a cup), white chocolate pudding mix (1 Tbsp), 2 scoops of BBV shake mix, and 6 oz of milk.  It was delicious!  I went a little simpler for lunch and did the 1/2 cup of ice cream again, with 4 oz of milk, the BBV shake mix and frozen peaches.  It was good, but needed more peach flavor.  I'll have to work on that.  I doubt Peach Schnapps is a healthy alternative...


No comments:

Post a Comment