Wednesday, July 11, 2012

There and Back Again

Today I took a journey.

A walk.

For real.

Outside.

By myself.

My purpose?  To prove I could walk a mile and then back again.  Or maybe it was because I didn't have a van and can't stand being stuck at home!

My destination?   QuikTrip.



My expected reward?  Sugar-free White Peach Tea.

Do you think I got my tea?

No.

Sadly, I did not.

It was 'out of service'.

So I went for my second choice:

Diet Dr. Pepper.

I knew it wasn't a good sign when it wasn't filling just right.  So I tasted it. Gross.  Too syrupy.

I chose water.  I'm pretty sure I've now had about 732 (OK maybe only 80) ounces of water so far today.

But...I did it!  You guys, this is huge for me. I'm so used to NOT being active.  The fact that I went outside at all during the summer, let alone walked two miles is a big accomplishment!
I'm getting to the point where I enjoy exercise.  I'd rather play Kinect Adventures than walk on a treadmill or outside, but each day I wake up and think "What am I going to do today?  Go to Planet Fitness?  Play the Kinect?  Use my Wii and EA Sports Active?" 

Something really strange is happening to me.

And I think I like it! 

It's all part of this new creation God has been molding me into.

I've been remade!

Do you have any good game recommendations for the Wii or the Kinect that provide a good workout?  I am going to buy Just Dance for the Wii for sure.  The kids love it, and maybe someday I'll be good enough that I can dance at the club (that I never go to)!

No comments:

Post a Comment