Sunday, July 31, 2011

Break up

I love conversations with children.  Especially my children.  Olivia and I were having a conversation over lunch today.  Kris and Kaleb had gone to the bathroom and I can't quite remember how we got to talking about it but I told her "Because I don't like kids."  Of course her response was "You don't like me?"  I explained that I loved MY kids, just not other people's kids.  She then began to scold me saying that I'm supposed to love everyone.  I told her I DID love everyone.  I just didn't LIKE some people sometimes.  I then proceeded to explain to her what I meant, because she was adamant that I was supposed to LIKE everyone too.

I said "Well, I love Daddy but sometimes I don't like him when I'm mad at him."  I thought we would continue to argue, but she apparently thought it would be appropriate at this point to switch gears.  She said "Then break up with him."  I said "You want me to break up with Daddy?"  She said "Yeah" really nonchalantly, as if she didn't really care one way or the other.  So I asked her how I would take care of all four kids without him.  Her plan?  "You can find a new man."  We continued to discuss this.

I asked her when she would see Daddy.  She said they would go visit him.  I asked where he would live.  She said "He can live in one of the neighbor's houses."  I asked her if the new man I found would be friends with Daddy.  She didn't really have an answer.  She just kept saying I could find someone new.  My last question was "What if Daddy doesn't want me to leave him?"  As if he knew we were talking about him, Kris and Kaleb came back just as I was beginning to laugh hysterically at Livvy.  Kris looked at us, confused.  I told him we were talking about him and Livvy said "JUST TELL HIM ALREADY."  I think she was telling me to tell him, as in break up with him.  It was hilarious!!  This isn't the first time she and Abbey have suggested that I just break up with Daddy.  What is their problem?  It's the same way, when they are playing together, that they are children and their parents are dead.  Those girls!!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your kids. And for the record, I don't like other people's kids much either. They tend to suck!! (LOL)

    ReplyDelete