Saturday, July 2, 2011

My kids are cuter than yours

Well...you may think yours are cuter than mine.  You can think that.  I know better.  :-)

I love my friend Jennifer.  I've talked about her before.  Last weekend we had the luxury of going out near Warrensberg, MO to spend a couple of days with her and her family.  It was a GREAT weekend.  The kids got along great and we had to do very little parenting.  It was actually quite nice!

At the last minute, we decided to exchange children.  I took her two older kids with me, to hang out with Kat and Kaleb and she took my two younger, who spent time with her youngest.  However...this is where the story gets sad.  And extremely funny.  Sad because my girls didn't want to come home.  Funny because, well Abbey is involved.  And you know it's going to get funny any time that girl has something to say!  So while I was gone, my dear friend Jennifer kept me updated via Facebook with all the funny things my girls said/did.  Below you will see the great updates Jennifer (and one from her husband) gave me while my little girls stayed with her for  a couple of days.

"Apparently you have lost two daughters. They're mine now. I love them and they are great for my ego. Apparently I'm not bossy and I clean up fast- you know, all the great qualities a mother should have ;)"


"Abbey: Your wife told me to tell you to get me some ice water. Me: How much money do you have? Abbey: I have two quarters but I am saving that for college and the orphanage I am going to build when I get older so I can teach them about God and give them fun jobs."


"Me: Anyone want more macaroni? Gracie: I do! Livvy: No. Me: Abbey? Do you want more macaroni? Abbey: No. I'm saving room for the party in my tummy for cheese puffs."


"We made "ice cream" this morning. The girls chose vanilla. Liovvy: Can we make chocolate tomorrow? Me: We'll have to see. I'm not sure what time we are leaving. Abbey: Leaving??!? Me: Yeah, to go to your house. Abbey: TOMORROW IS TUESDAY ALREADY?!?! Me: Yes, tomrrow is Tuesday. Abbey: That's not fair! We only got one night, one day and maybe a half a morning tomorrow. Can you ask if we can stay another week or at least 3 more days? Me: Well, I'm going to your mommy's party tomorrow night and then Addison, Alex, Gracie and I will stay the night at your house. Abbey: Gracie sleeps in my bed! Livvy: No, Gracie sleeps in my bed! Abbey: (moan) You think because you have the bigger bed, she should stay in yours. Fine! We can all sleep in there together, but Gracie gets the middle. Livvy: Yeah, Gracie gets the middle, because Gracie, we kind of like you. Abbey: Livvy! Don't say that. We love her! Livvy: Yeah Gracie, we love you!"


"Abbey: Can we have a drink? Me: Sure. (I pour ice water into 3 Chuck E. Cheese cups) Livvy: Where did you get these? Me: At Chuck E. Cheese's. Gracie: I love Chuck E. Cheese! Abbey: I like to insult and hurt Chuck E. Cheese. Me: Well, that doesn't sound too nice! Abbey: It's ok, it's a real person in a costume. (Seriously laughing my butt off!)"


"Abbey and Livvy want to move in with me. Apparently a dinner of Lucky Charms, cheeseballs, yogurt and popsicles are the best meal Abbey has had "in years." But, she said she would miss you and that her "real dad" should go into the Army and you could be our neighbors (even though this is an Air Force base). Livvy said she would miss her friends, but Abbey told her they don't like her anyway. "They always run from Livvy." :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment