Sunday, July 3, 2011

Great news!

Some of you may recall all the drama surrounding the home school vs. public school vs. private school debate that took place on my Facebook page several weeks ago.  And it was a difficult decision for Kris and I to remove the kids from private school and put them into public school, in addition to taking a $1000 pay cut at work.  We made the decision and felt complete peace about it.  We listened to the wisdom of our parents and those who have raised their children, in addition to God's leading, and we had come to accept that our children would go to public school for the upcoming school year.

However, people were still praying that God would provide a way for the kids to go back to Grace next year.  Including several of the teachers at Grace, and Katherine for sure.  And we acknowledged that if God provided a way financially, that of course we would send them back.  We knew that it wasn't going to come by way of anything but a miracle or some huge financial blessing, and if God chose to provide that, we would graciously accept it and give Him the glory.  But in the meantime, we were preparing to register the kids for public school.

Last week, however, Kris got an email that changed everything.  We did get that miracle.  That huge financial blessing.  We don't know the details, but we do know that someone somewhere stepped forward and made it possible for ALL four of our children to return to Grace next year.  We feel very blessed and are thrilled that we have been given this opportunity!  The kids, of course, are beyond excited.  Katherine wrote no fewer than three letters to her friends to let them know.  She even paid me for the stamps!  It was pretty cute!!

So, our prayer over the next year is that our business at ICS will turn around and/or that my business will grow exponentially so that we can continue to give them a quality, Christian education.  My dream is that my business will continue growing at the rate it has been so that when I am asked to come back to ICS full-time I can politely say "No thank you."  Shh...don't tell Kris.  He doesn't like when I say that...I think he thinks I'm too valuable to lose...

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty awesome! I'm glad they get to go back to a school they love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's work is TOTALLY Awesome! Glad it worked out for you.
    ~Naila Moon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I am a public school teacher...I think this is just awesome news and proof that God is there and answers our prayers! I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete